Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Oh Nini, this is terrible that such a sweet and sparkley person has to go through this. It's not like you were asking for the moon. Your dream has been a long time coming, and to get so close is heartbreaking. I believe your dream will come true and praying that somehow, it will come true beyond your expectations. Let's think BIG! Keep the faith.

I like the idea of using social media. I admit I don't know much about it, but I was surprised to realize how much businesses are now relying on it for business and reviews. Could you post a simple status update and state that you're hoping they will live up to their reputation? I think you could put it in such a way that wouldn't offend. Positive expectations. That's your strength!

Praying peace and joy for you and praying the men in charge will open their hearts.
Hugs,
Suz

I'm praying (and praying!) all goes well and gets worked out and we can finish soon! I'm not ready to doing anything more public that post my build progress here as I'm praying all will be worked out.

I so appreciate the encouragement and prayers!

Hugs, love and blessings to you!
Denise

Hey I remember you chose them on reputation. If that came from a friend or family, you could ask them to call him and say "hey, I recommended you for Denise's pool build. She mentioned that her build is way behind and something about the patio not being up to scratch. What's up?" (we used this for getting ours done for Christmas)

Hey I remember you chose them on reputation. If that came from a friend or family, you could ask them to call him and say "hey, I recommended you for Denise's pool build. She mentioned that her build is way behind and something about the patio not being up to scratch. What's up?" (we used this for getting ours done for Christmas)

I wish that were the case. It's a bit of a touchy situation...I work with the PB's wife (really he's one of the construction managers but easier to call him PB). I don't want things uncomfortable at work and don't want her to get involved.
They are, in general, well thought of in the city as one of the best builders.

Well, it's Friday... Concrete guy called and was going to send someone over to do the patch work on the deck. However, the deck is wet (rained last night/this morning) and I questioned whether it wouldn't just be better to do it Mondat when it's dry (clear weather forecast for next week). He stated that he has a pour on Monday/Tuesday, but yes, it would be better when it's dry so they can better match the color. If they did it when it's wet, the match would be too dark, since it looks darker when it's wet. All this time I'm thinking why the heck would they even attempt to do it today if they know it won't end up being a good match!?! :shock::scratch::hammer::grrrr::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: SMH. He mumbled something about coming Tuesday...

In the midst of all this stress, anxiety, frustration, anger and disappointment, there is great joy! My son and his wife just told me they are expecting again!
This is baby number 5 for them- they have 3 boys (5, 2 1/2, 1 1/2) and one baby in heaven. This little one is due the beginning of February. :whoot::whoot::party::party:
When my kids got married, I told them they were contractually obligated to provide me with 4 grandchildren each. I told my DIL she has now fulfilled her contract quota. She asked for a signed notarized release! :laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

A baby! OH wow! You know you HAVE to make up a signed paper to give her! Will they find out the gender before the baby it born??

Gurrrrrrrr on the concrete man! REALLY? He KNEW but wanted to feel you out to see what you would say! UNREAL! :brickwall:

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! What news!! Congratulations Denise, that is fabulous news!! I have the same question as Kim. Will they find out the gender? Not that it matters. So exciting and surely your pool will be finished in time for the newest addition to the family to enjoy it!! [emoji12] j/k Too soon?

Argh! Let them know that you expect them to make you a priority. That you understand that they have other jobs but you aren't out of "line" just because they screwed it up and now have moved on. I would let them know that when the weather clears you need to be at the front of the list, not the back. They will continue to push until you push back. [emoji37]

Glad you didn't let them do anything with wet ground. Sigh. Praying for you Denise! Think sweet baby thoughts. That makes everything better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, everyone! I am SUPER EXCITED!!! Babies are a blessing from God!
Kim- I will come up with some sort of "document"!
TM- my pool had better LONG be done by then!!
Suz & Marla- It definitely has cheered me like a rainbow in the midst of a stormy sky.

I'm hoping they won't find out the gender until they deliver. It would be a nice surprise! I don't think they have decided yet. She is VERY early in her pregnancy, like 3-4 weeks (the stick faintly changed but the change was immediate) and has had one miscarriage. They aren't telling anyone except Hubby and I, and her parents for a few weeks.

Thank you, everyone! I am SUPER EXCITED!!! Babies are a blessing from God!
Kim- I will come up with some sort of "document"!
TM- my pool had better LONG be done by then!!
Suz & Marla- It definitely has cheered me like a rainbow in the midst of a stormy sky.

I'm hoping they won't find out the gender until they deliver. It would be a nice surprise! I don't think they have decided yet. She is VERY early in her pregnancy, like 3-4 weeks (the stick faintly changed but the change was immediate) and has had one miscarriage. They aren't telling anyone except Hubby and I, and her parents for a few weeks.

Praying that it's a smooth and easy pregnancy for her with no complications. [emoji1317][emoji177]

Congrats on the new grandie on the way. Little that's more important than that!

Hey I just thought of a trick. Our pool got delayed and one day the PB said "well, sorry, mate, we had to get one done for a birthday party." So I checked it out (through one of his guys) and the birthday pool started several weeks after ours and was behind ours in the PB's queue. No one likes kids crying because of something they did... would something like "We've promised a pool party for Becky's 4th birthday party and she is over-the-moon with excitement. It's going to be July ___. We left heaps of time for this, and now I'm getting worried. I gotta have this done or she's gonna fill this hole with her tears."

Praying that it's a smooth and easy pregnancy for her with no complications. [emoji1317][emoji177]

Thank you, TM!!

And of course, all of TFP!

Pshaw! You all won't tell anyone! ;)

Well yeah! We are family!

Kim:cat:

You got that right, sister!

::hearing Sister Sledge singing in the background::

Me, too! Anyone besides me remember dancing to that at a disco????

Congrats on the new grandie on the way. Little that's more important than that!

Hey I just thought of a trick. Our pool got delayed and one day the PB said "well, sorry, mate, we had to get one done for a birthday party." So I checked it out (through one of his guys) and the birthday pool started several weeks after ours and was behind ours in the PB's queue. No one likes kids crying because of something they did... would something like "We've promised a pool party for Becky's 4th birthday party and she is over-the-moon with excitement. It's going to be July ___. We left heaps of time for this, and now I'm getting worried. I gotta have this done or she's gonna fill this hole with her tears."

Funny you should say that!!! I forgot to post that I had texted PB after my phone call from concrete guy. In my text I reminded him that he had stated in his text on Wednesday that he would have an idea on timeline for completion at the end of the week. I told him that we had planned a birthday party for my granddaughter on June 21 and a party for the 4th of July (true story Charlotte turns 5 on June 21). I also told him about the phone call from the concrete guy and that at this point I have little confidence in our deck being a serious priority and that this is not the quality we were expecting or paying for when we hired ***** Pools. I sent this around 10:45 this morning. Got a response around 6:30 this evening. He said the scuppers didn't come in this week like they were expecting and that June 21 might be a stretch and he can't promise it, but that we should be safe for the 4th of July. He did not make any comment on the cement guy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.