Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Oh Nini I finally had time to catch up on your build. So sorry all the problems you have had and I hope they all get resolved to your satisfaction soon. Sounds like mention of the party worked and your PB is more on topof things now.

I must say the LS tile is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors in the sun!

I think your fabric choice looks great on those chairs. And if not that one then the one on the left of the three chair photo.

And CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandbaby!!!!

Well, concrete guy showed up at 9am to fix the deck. He made made the mistake of asking me if I was ok. I told him I was very stressed...then I couldn't help it, I burst into tears. Stress coupled with lack of sleep and anxiety just boiled over. I feel pretty stupid.
Concrete guy promised they would make it beautiful. He also told me it's nothing to cry over. Easy for him to say- this deck isn't costing him $18k.... He said today they will do the patching and fixing, next Wednesday they will do color correction. PB is supposed to be coming by to meet with them. Have not seen him yet...
Lunchtime has been in progress for about 15 minutes. I'm thinking that may be timed with the fact that they just hosed down the deck and are letting it dry, but no bosses are in sight...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Nini I finally had time to catch up on your build. So sorry all the problems you have had and I hope they all get resolved to your satisfaction soon. Sounds like mention of the party worked and your PB is more on topof things now.

I must say the LS tile is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors in the sun!

I think your fabric choice looks great on those chairs. And if not that one then the one on the left of the three chair photo.

And CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandbaby!!!!

Thank you for all the sweet comments, FH! I know how hard it is to keep up with all the builds when your own is going on and there's life happening. I'm way behind on comments. I think I'm up to speed on reading them though, but I am having a hard time keeping them all straight! I think my brain is overloaded. :)

Blessings and thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Really and truly............you cannot go wrong with any of them. Your picture of your pick on the chairs shows the little strips better. So bright and happy looking!

Kim:cat:

They really are all pretty but the "bright and happy looking" is what I like about the one I'm leaning toward.
Suz, you had mentioned the Seville matching the umbrellas better, but it's just my poor quality pictures from my phone and a dark corner where I shot the pictures. Their teal stripes are actually the exact same color in person. Any way I go with this, I think it will be pretty. :)

Dear DUDES, PLEASE do a good job! One you would be proud to show off to the world. Well the whole pool world WILL be looking at your work so..........by all that is good you better do it right! If you know what is good for you and you do not want your dreams haunted by a Kindergarten teacher that just had her last day of school with this year's kids. Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that the repair work is good!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Dear DUDES, PLEASE do a good job! One you would be proud to show off to the world. Well the whole pool world WILL be looking at your work so..........by all that is good you better do it right! If you know what is good for you and you do not want your dreams haunted by a Kindergarten teacher that just had her last day of school with this year's kids. Thank you!

Thanks ladies!!! They may or may not be back tomorrow to stain and seal it. Some of the repairs look pretty good, some eh, so-so. But, PB was here and told me how great it looks, which is code for they are done and it's acceptable to me. We'll see how it looks then...

OH YEAH for them BUT this teacher has two days to close out the paperwork and clean out the room :( Monday is my fun day! Girls lunch out followed by fun in the pool!

Yay for school being out! Monday's plans sound wonderful!!! Hurry up Monday!!!

Just catching up! Glad at least the decking crew has been on site and praying it all gets resolved to your satisfaction after they finish.

On the fabric samples (I keep your thread open on a tab in my browser now so whenever pictures are posted I can see), my first and immediate instinct was the same as Suz. (Sorry!). After seeing the three chairs picture it just cemented that opinion (pretty sure chair on the left was the Seville seaside?). I like the cleaner lines and it has the colors from your pick and hubby's pick. Something about the other one messed with my OCD and was too busy for me. I think like everyone else said though you'll be okay with any of them and seeing it on the chairs helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just catching up! Glad at least the decking crew has been on site and praying it all gets resolved to your satisfaction after they finish.

On the fabric samples (I keep your thread open on a tab in my browser now so whenever pictures are posted I can see), my first and immediate instinct was the same as Suz. (Sorry!). After seeing the three chairs picture it just cemented that opinion (pretty sure chair on the left was the Seville seaside?). I like the cleaner lines and it has the colors from your pick and hubby's pick. Something about the other one messed with my OCD and was too busy for me. I think like everyone else said though you'll be okay with any of them and seeing it on the chairs helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response TM!

Thank you for taking the time to respond! The jury is still out on the cushion fabric. My sister was here last night and she picked the same one I did, lol! I need to get them ordered this week because they take about 4 weeks to get.

More deck repair and color correction in progress! They should be done by tomorrow. Scuppers came in yesterday. I'm hoping the masons will be here Thursday to do the stone work. We'll see...

You can see the concrete guy in the white shirt on his knees checking the cracks around the skimmers
image.jpg

Yay for sideways pictures!! Hehe!

What they did last week- it looked somewhat better but not finished as far as I was concerned. PB came by as they were finishing and I saw him talk to concrete guy while they walked the deck. I was stuck in the house as the steps were wet, so I was not involved (nor was I invited to be!) in the initial viewing of the repairs. When they finished talking PB came knocked on the window and had me open the door so he could talk to me. He asked me what I thought. I told him the stairs looked better but that I would have to see the rest. He said, "I think it looks great! It looks great, they did a great job!" I told him I would let him know what I thought when I could go out to see it. When he left, he thought they would be sealing it the next day. I let him know that concrete guy had told me they would be fixing the stain color and sealing next Wednesday June 15. He didn't think that was accurate but said he would confirm and let me know. He called me right after he left and said yes, they would be out Wed. to finish.
That evening, I walked around the deck and some patches looked better, others still looked really bad, and the large cracks that they were supposed to fill were not done. I took some pictures and texted the PB with them and told him what I thought. He never responded, of course. I worked my weekend and then yesterday, I didn't expect anyone to be out and I gave him all day to contact me. I never heard from him. I knew concrete guy was doing a pour Monday and Tuesday.
My daughter moved yesterday, so I went to the new house after the movers got finished and helped her through the evening.
After 10 this morning, I texted PB asking about the scuppers. He responded that he just found out they arrived yesterday afternoon. I then told him that once concrete guy finished fixing the patches, filling the cracks and correcting the color, we'd be good to go. Low and behold, concrete guy showed up in my yard less than an hour later! I went out and pointed out all the final issues I want fixed and we discussed the color. 30 minutes later his crew showed up. If they can make it all look even a bit better, we will be happy! I do think they were willing (at the beginning) to just seal it and go on, and again after the repair work last week- just stain, seal and move on. I'm glad I didn't cave, didn't have to have an angry confrontation, get any news stations or attorneys involved and they have continued to (at my repeated prompting) work to resolve these issues.
I'm willing to forgive the waterline tile issue, long delays, and stretches of silence if the rest of this build lives up to their reputation and give them a decent review. Time will tell...
I had a patient over the weekend that I was discussing the pool with because they also have a pool. When I was asked who my builder is, their reaction was the same one I get from EVERYONE to whom I have named my PB. He and his wife both said, "XXXXX Pools is the best! They are who you want, if you can afford them!" I think maybe I'm just the unfortunate small percentage of their customers that has had problems. No one is 100% perfect. Too bad it's my build and not someone else's!

I'll update with pictures (non sideways) after they finish.

Wow, Nini! I really admire you! You stuck to your guns! I'm afraid I might have caved. You've done a terrific job and done it the right way. You can represent me anytime (along with many others on TFP! Umm for example). You're getting closer - just hang in there. You sound strong and confident!

It's a little sad we have to spend so much money and keep lowering the bar of our PB expectations. Some people are fortunate in getting that terrific PB. As much as I like and think my pb did right by me with the final product, I remember saying similar things to myself, "As long as we can get such and such done, I'll be ok."

Take care of yoursel!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.