Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Wow, Nini! I really admire you! You stuck to your guns! I'm afraid I might have caved. You've done a terrific job and done it the right way. You can represent me anytime (along with many others on TFP! Umm for example). You're getting closer - just hang in there. You sound strong and confident!

It's a little sad we have to spend so much money and keep lowering the bar of our PB expectations. Some people are fortunate in getting that terrific PB. As much as I like and think my pb did right by me with the final product, I remember saying similar things to myself, "As long as we can get such and such done, I'll be ok."

Take care of yoursel!

Suz, my "handling" of the situation has really been by the Grace of God! This really feels like a firey trial that has tested my patience and my character. With every interaction I have to remind myself who I am and be purposeful about my conversation and behavior. I have tried to be careful at work with who I tell the truth of things to as I don't want to do damage that will be difficult to undo. My goal always is to be a light.

But, you are right, it is unfortunate that we do have to lower the bar of our expectations. Too bad they don't offer a tiered price package on the grade or quality of work to be expected, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait until for you to be in your pool and able to enjoy it. You've done a great job dealing with them and I hope in the end, they do as much as possible to make you happy!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thank you! We are still hoping for July 4th even if the water is freezing!!

Aww, Denise! I'm sorry it's all been this hard but so proud of you! You have continued to be a light, and an example, to those of us that may come up against issue. Good for you on sticking with it and handling everything in such a strong and uplifting way! I know it wasn't easy. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww, Denise! I'm sorry it's all been this hard but so proud of you! You have continued to be a light, and an example, to those of us that may come up against issue. Good for you on sticking with it and handling everything in such a strong and uplifting way! I know it wasn't easy. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, TM! I'm ready for it to all be over.
I haven't commented lately, but I am still very closely following your build! Good job on the step markers! I have enjoyed the group work on your deck expansion, and firepit seating area! Lots of neat ideas!

nini, I am so proud of you and how you are handling this in such a way as to keep your relationships in a positive light. It has to be hard but you are doing it with grace.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

Thank you, Kim! I appreciate all the encouragement. I'm ready for all this stress to go bye-bye!

+1 on what they all said above! You are definitely an example grace under pressure!

Here's to no more issues!:cheers::queen:

Thanks, Marla! From your lips, to God's ears!! I had to chuckle over the fertilizer mix-up! Good catch on not dumping it into your gorgeous pool!!

They pretty much finished correcting/repairing the deck the best they could yesterday. The color is greatly improved, although it is still a little light in the firepit/pergola/future kitchen area and the back of the pool where the wall will be. All of these areas will have the aforementioned things on them, so I think it will be just fine. The area closest to the house is going to be the most open and has the closest match of the color I wanted. I'm really happy with how they corrected the color difference under the patio and the horrible transition there.
The patches are still patches but now that they are darker they don't look as bad.
The newly poured area where the gate sits is probably the worst area. It'll be interesting to see how the color changes as it cures, but it's definately lacking in the brown color/antiquing. I think they went ahead and sealed everything while I was at work, so no additional color correction is possible. Frankly, the gate will be hanging over that area and no one will be hanging out there, so I've decided to move on. I paid the addendum amount on the deck today.
Concrete guy and I are supposed to be having a discussion in the AM about the color of the gate section, although I am not expecting anything, and I want to get a can of the brown stain for future touch ups. The concrete itself is colored (integral color) beige- "Rosemary" all the way though. If (when) we have chips, cracks, whatever, I can touch up the beige with the brown stain and make it blend in better.

We are getting "stoned" on Tuesday. I'm trying to press the PB for getting the gutters and pergola done next week as well. I just want this done!!!

My favorite part. Almost the exact color. Close enough to make me happy. And now my waterline tile looks good with it. I didn't like the way it looked with the deck too light and beige.

Looks better- a little light but acceptable
image_zpszppw2v1g.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Still a bit light

image_zps34368evr.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

The gate area

image_zpsh8kdngez.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

The patches

Hey that's great to see. :) They worked their magic and real glad to hear you're at the next stage... it looks great and also looks like it's dieing to get some plaster and water? Got your test kit sitting by the door? ;)

I had to really look for the patches. They look much better. NO one else will even see them or notice them. We know what to look for!

I am glad to see they were able even out the color. It does look good with your tile!

I love the idea of getting the stain to match just in case. Good thinking!

You did it! You have a oh, so pretty deck! You go girl! SWEET!

Nini! It looks beautiful! The guys came through. I couldn't see the patches on my phone. Now on the computer, I can see them only because you noted them. Honestly, they look like part of the 'perfect' imperfections in natural stone.

I know this has been a struggle and a trial for you, but you have triumphed in what you accomplished with patience and diplomacy. The pattern and color you chose for the deck is gorgeous and the total compliment to the waterline tile. Gee, call me crazy, but it's almost a little sad for the workers that it looks so good since the spa tile and pool will be what visitors are going to oooooo and ahhhhhh over. But, the deck and the rest of your oasis will be the perfect supporting cast to the spa and pool stars making it all a smashing success!!!!

I can't wait to see Nini stoned!!!! :laughblue:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you, ladies!

My sister came over just now and really likes it. I am blessed with her living across the street from me although O don't get to see her much since we have very opposite schedules.

Lots of bills to pay today and errands to run before working the next 4 days. Hurry up Tuesday!!!

I'm headed out to buy the outdoor ceiling fan for the arbor

Awesome fan! I haven't shopped ceiling fans in ages. I love it!

LOVE the fan! That is so pretty! I bet it moves some air!

Thanks! I really like it :)
Of course, I blew our "allowance" on the fan but Hubby liked it, too, and wants me to get it. At this point, what's another $130.00 over.....
In one spot on the website it says it's "damp" rated. In another spot it says it is "wet" rated. We need the wet rated fan, so I will verify before I purchase it.

I ended up ordering this one

When I went to the lighting store, they were very helpful and explained the difference between the various fans and the amount of air they move. I found out the one I wanted did not have decent air movement, so I picked a better one. It's similar in design. Bad part is its on back order until after July 1.

I really like the clean lines of your pool! What I admire most is your sticktoitness with the PB. That's tough to do, and most people just settle. Well done. I can see why some of those areas bug you, and they would me as well. The one pic of the gate area would do me in. But I'm nuts. My wife has compared me to that guy on Flipping Out TV show! Looking forward to seeing rest of build!

I really like the clean lines of your pool! What I admire most is your sticktoitness with the PB. That's tough to do, and most people just settle. Well done. I can see why some of those areas bug you, and they would me as well. The one pic of the gate area would do me in. But I'm nuts. My wife has compared me to that guy on Flipping Out TV show! Looking forward to seeing rest of build!

Hi Technobuyer! Thank you for the kind words :)
The pictures of the deck problems did not do the actual sites justice by any means and there were many more problem areas than what I posted. I'm relieved that business is over so we can move on!!

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.