Ok, 6:30am test...

FC = 4
CC = .5

Going to bring it back to 10...

"You are done when:
CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear."

How am i looking, how often should we test and add today? Plan now is to have my wife test around 10:30 or so, add, and sweep the sides, does that work?

You are VERY close to being done. The hard part is passing the OCLT. BUT you have to for us to call you "done" with the SLAM.

I think your plan of wife testing at 10:30 or so a good one.

Great job!

Kim

Getting closer!

Thanks both of you...

So wife just tested here at 9:45, 3 hours 15 min from my last test and we have FC of 9 and I assume the CC is still .5, she did not give me that number. so its really starting to hold at 10 well...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Definitely holding much better. Glad your wife was able to test. Did you tell her what to add to bring it back to 10 or are you going to see what your daily loss is when you get home?

Yes, she has the skills, when we bought the house, she was going to be the one to do all this, but I am very technical so I have been figuring it all out and she will take it over once we get it all cleared up...

Your getting close :)

It is normal to lose 2 to 4PPM chlorine per day to sun depending on your CYA and whats still consuming it...

Keep going, your almost there

Ok, going to go out and test again, I have been holding to 10, but I will pull it up to 11 tonight just because I have been adding CYA to get it up to 30 and half has dissolved.

How long for the OCLT test, if I load it with chlorine now, and test at 6:30 am, is 8 hours fair enough?

The water is clearer than it has been since i have owned the house, CC is 0, so if I pass this tonight, i guess I am done, well done after posting the picture and giving huge thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.