Green Pool in OKC - Getting ready for Weekend Attack

I've kept my CYA at 40 all summer and have been adding approx. 2 quarts of 10% bleach each day.

FYI, if you can find an Atwood's nearby, they sell a case (4 gallons) of 10% "Pool Shock" for $7.99. Around here, it's usually pretty fresh, too.

BOOM we just did this!! We headed out to Lubbock :rolleyes: for 4th of July and Got 5 cases of it. That was a big bonus. We are starting to see better numbers, for a 22k gallon pool, last night we added 56oz, so just under $1 a night if we keep that going. I think my CYA is 45 right now

- - - Updated - - -

Is your neighbor going the full pool store method and adding shock, and algaecide every week? Phosphate remover? Are you going to test CYA in both pools tomorrow?

I think he his just adding pucks, but I know he has struggled with it a bit. We talked about comparing receipts, but he has not super interested in the competition as of late, but once i tell him I have it under $30 a month consistant including CYA adds, he will be interested. I think he is paying $100 every 2 months on chlorine alone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.