Green Pool in OKC - Getting ready for Weekend Attack

If you think about it the chlorine is being "eaten" almost as fast as you put it in so it cannot mess with your liner.

So long as you have your pump running I think you can just sweep three times a day. I bet your arms hurt after sweeping as much as you are adding bleach.

You might want to go ahead and order new reagents for testing. You have to be flying through it :(

Kim

If you think about it the chlorine is being "eaten" almost as fast as you put it in so it cannot mess with your liner.

So long as you have your pump running I think you can just sweep three times a day. I bet your arms hurt after sweeping as much as you are adding bleach.

You might want to go ahead and order new reagents for testing. You have to be flying through it :(

Kim

holy cow this is getting very expensive... Does everyone have to do this when they open their pool?

Only the unlucky ones that had their cya convert to ammonia.
It's not a "normal" (every year event) thing but for some reason there seems to be a lot of people dealing with it this year. :(

As soon as you get that ammonia taken care of you'll start to see the FC hold instead of disappearing almost instantly.

I don't know how many had this problem this spring. It is more than last year for sure.

I do not close my pool with me being in Florida. I do not have to worry about freezing very often so I just run my pump on the nights we have a freeze and all is good.

I check my levels twice a week during the winter and do what needs to be done, which is not much.

I am going to do a search and see how many people had ammonia problems this year.

How much would it cost to drain your pool down the 1 foot above the bottom step and refill? See if the cost of water/time/pump cost outweighs the cost of bleach.

Kim

I don't know how many had this problem this spring. It is more than last year for sure.

I do not close my pool with me being in Florida. I do not have to worry about freezing very often so I just run my pump on the nights we have a freeze and all is good.

I check my levels twice a week during the winter and do what needs to be done, which is not much.

I am going to do a search and see how many people had ammonia problems this year.

How much would it cost to drain your pool down the 1 foot above the bottom step and refill? See if the cost of water/time/pump cost outweighs the cost of bleach.

Kim

I am losing the fight, FC = 1 now and CC = 11... UGGGGGGGG!

I have drained it to the top step filled it, drained it to that level 3 times with the vacuuming... what are we looking at here in bleach cost. I hate to ask, but is there an ammonia test or a product that kills the ammonia? We are getting heavy rain again here, thunder, I can add the bleach, but I am not able to put it where the returns are and then sweep the sides around there with the lightning in the area. I put the bleach in, but I just ran it around the sides of the pool and threw it out in the middle until i ran out.

You can get an ammonia test at the pet/fish store.

The product to kill ammonia is------------wait for it-------------------------bleach :(

Your way of adding bleach works. Just make sure to out run the lighting! Scary!

Kim (who wishes she had better news)

Ok, ok, ok, ok,....

20 min ago I tested, and either I did something wrong, or its the rain or the way I put the chloine in 20-30 min before the test (which was not to put it around the returns but just all over...

FF = 8
CC = 0.5

Really?!?

I added a small amount per pool math, but I will test again at 6:05pm...

Let me know if I should approach it any other way...

Oh, and good joke on the ammonia thing... I used to have an ammonia test for my fish, but I never ever used it so I sold it in a garage sale.

Caliskier, once you've broken down the ammonia, your water will start holding that FC better. Make sure to stay above your shock/slam value a all times to make it go more quickly and to avoid wasting bleach. Eg. By using more to start with to keep it above slam level, youll actually use less in the long run.

Also, do not add your cc with your FC....to slam you need to keep the FC to slam level. Earlier, you were adding the cc and the FC.

Best wishes for quick work!

Caliskier, once you've broken down the ammonia, your water will start holding that FC better. Make sure to stay above your shock/slam value a all times to make it go more quickly and to avoid wasting bleach. Eg. By using more to start with to keep it above slam level, youll actually use less in the long run.

Also, do not add your cc with your FC....to slam you need to keep the FC to slam level. Earlier, you were adding the cc and the FC.

Best wishes for quick work!

Thanks, some time ago someone said you did not post your TC, so I was not sure why that was important, but have been posting it and saying that I am just adding them together. I have been using FC to figure out what to add in pool math, FC has been down around 1 or 2 for most tests except the last one. I guess TC is just nice to know?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Feeling good team, feeling real good

8:45 test

FC = 8.5
CC = 1

Vacuumed down an inch and a half, putting an inch back in. Going to go add 1/3 bottle of bleach to top off back to 10. Gets cheaper as it levels out... So I might get one test in before bed. Maybe 10:30 or 11:00. What do you do for the overnight FC let down, overbleach? let it ride? Is letting it ride a bad thing? It probably won't get touched for 8 hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.