Green Pool in OKC - Getting ready for Weekend Attack

Don't know that much if anything about hot tubs BUT I would think the water sitting in the pipes could get a little yucky just sitting there. IF there is anything in the water it is not getting circulated to get fresh FC to help clean it out. So I can see that water coming out a little cloudy. The warm would be the same thing-----it is just sitting there waiting so the sun and warm of the air is causing it to warm up.

What I would do is run the hot tub while you are running the pool with the fresh FC added. That way the water is good a mixed up.

Kim

Hummm

Well this morning we have.

FC = 8
CC = 0

First it was denial and I tested again and got 10 for FC then i tested 2 more times and got 7.5 and 8. Bummer...

We have scrubbed every inch of the pool. Vac every piece of dirt, scrubbed the skimmers, the skimmer baskets, the steps. I guess I can take the returns off and scrub that, take a toothbrush to the shallow end rope anchors, I got in there with my finger. I have left the ladder out of the pool since closing so its not that. I did replace the water in the HT at 8:00pm last night, I wonder if the water there between 10:00 and now turned over into the pool and lowered the chlorine level. It is also raining, but it started 10 min, maybe longer before I got out there...

The pool is a liner, but the HT is plaster, but the plaster is old and scrubbing on it you can still see a little bit of tan stain. I worry that scrubbing it too much will hurt it.

Any suggestions? Do we need so scrub more?

Don't know that much if anything about hot tubs BUT I would think the water sitting in the pipes could get a little yucky just sitting there. IF there is anything in the water it is not getting circulated to get fresh FC to help clean it out. So I can see that water coming out a little cloudy. The warm would be the same thing-----it is just sitting there waiting so the sun and warm of the air is causing it to warm up.

What I would do is run the hot tub while you are running the pool with the fresh FC added. That way the water is good a mixed up.

Kim

I lowered the circulation to he HT because I figured being a smaller pool it did not need as much, if I open it full would that not give enought circulation between both pools? The HT is connected to the big pool via overflow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is there a valve that you can only open a little? Like crack it open instead of opening all the way?

The overnight test is the hardest to "pass". It is not that you did not scrub enough. It is that there is still some tiny little nasties in the water. Some people had to SLAM for a a couple to few days to pass the overnight test AFTER their pool looked clear.

Hugs! You have come so far. Just get past this and you will be done!

Kim

I would say that you have some green things in your spa and when you started it up it ran into the pool.. scrub the begeses out of that tub and get that flow going to both the pool and spa and take your chlorine back to slam level.. Try testing in the spa and pool and see if they are the same PPM... maybe something was in the pipes, not sure...

your almost there :)

I would say that you have some green things in your spa and when you started it up it ran into the pool.. scrub the begeses out of that tub and get that flow going to both the pool and spa and take your chlorine back to slam level.. Try testing in the spa and pool and see if they are the same PPM... maybe something was in the pipes, not sure...

your almost there :)

This is what we are going to do... PLEASE tell me if this is a bad idea...

1. Going to test again, and no matter what the value, going to add at least 2 quarts of it to the hot tub, then the rest to the big pool.
2. Shut off the hot tub from the big pool
3. Scrub the hot tub with all that bleach in there (with the small pole brush, not getting in it)
4. Let it sit for 15 min
5. Turn on the HT jets for 30 min
6. Turn the HT back on so that it flows into the big pool
7. Let the jets run for 30 more min
8. Kill that sucker!

This is what we are going to do... PLEASE tell me if this is a bad idea...

1. Going to test again, and no matter what the value, going to add at least 2 quarts of it to the hot tub, then the rest to the big pool.
2. Shut off the hot tub from the big pool
3. Scrub the hot tub with all that bleach in there (with the small pole brush, not getting in it)
4. Let it sit for 15 min
5. Turn on the HT jets for 30 min
6. Turn the HT back on so that it flows into the big pool
7. Let the jets run for 30 more min
8. Kill that sucker!

Sounds like a VERY good plan to me!

I would also make sure to run the HT at least every other day if not every day for at least a few mins. to keep the water "fresh" in the pipes.

Kim

during the day the sun can eat 2 to 4 fc.. see what you get once the sun goes down and test again before it comes up.. :)

9:00pm test

Big pool
FC =11
CC =0.5

Hot Tub
FC = 11.5
CC = 0.5

Will test again at 10:00 and see where we are for the official

10:00
FC=11.5
CC=0.5

LOL, but I have another problem... I think I figured out what is up with my hot tub... There are two returns in there, one is loose, and I just got a bunch of red liquid in the pool, which is dirt, I think it is coming from that return. I am going to have to figure out how to fix that... I have isolated the hot tub from the main pool for my test tonight. Going to keep them separated until I can fix this. If i have to SLAM my hot tub, who cares, I will just drain it.

Can't wait to see the morning numbers!

Kim

Ok, I am a dork.... I tested 6 times

FC numbers...

Two tests passed, 11.5 and 10.5 passed, the 8.5 is an outlier, the other 3 are off by 0.5. So can I have extra credit? The sun is up before 6:00 here but its covered by the clouds, it rained when I tested last night probably had light rain most of the night and was raining when I tested this morning.

What do the sages of wisdom require me to do on this?
i guess we will keep going...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.