Cloudy Pool After Algaecide and LOTS of Shock

I live off a gravel road. This dust gets into the pool. Vacuum to sand filter won't work. It goes right through. The only way was buying a Dolphin E10 with ultra fine filter. A "DE" pool filter would probably work. If you have dust there are few ways to remove it. Either you have a ultra fine filter of some kind or siphon it out some how.

Reactions: valvaltz
Is this the appropriate DE for a pool?

That’s the stuff!
It’s basically a lifetime supply lol 😂
I only need a cup or so (dissolved in water) to get a 1psi rise in my 250# filter so do maybe a 1/2 cup & watch your pressure.

Reactions: valvaltz
I think we have an FTP success!! Changing the sand and a couple rounds of backwashing seemed to do the trick. I do have two trees that blow pollen and debris daily into the pool. Water is super clear and I am so happy!!

THANK YOU to everyone who provided advice and support along the way. I’m very grateful!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Before calling it good be sure you have passed all 3 criteria:
✅ CC is 0.5 or lower;
✅ You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
✅ The water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)
We met all those criteria… finally after a month. The big turning point was getting the sand changed & SLAMing to mustard algae levels.

Reactions: RLP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The water is fabulous 🤩
The line looks a little yellowy green- possibly organic as its above the normal water line (from when the pool was closed?)- maybe try some diluted bleach with the microfiber/eraser. Definitely give the vitamin C a try too to see if it makes any difference could be a little iron staining mixed in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.