CircuPool RJ45+ longer control cable?

Welcome to TFP.

How much length do you need to add?

What total length do you need?

Welcome to TFP.

75' or so. That's the total length.
I'm getting ready to install a CircuPool RJ45+.
My heat exchanger (heated by my furnace) is in my basement. The pool equipment is 70' away, outdoors. So the cell must be in the basement after the heat exchanger, while I'd like the control unit to be outdoors by the pool equipment so that pool service people can get to it easily when I am away.
I provided a spare 2" pipe from basement to pool equipment for just this kind of eventuality, so running the wire will be easy. I think I want 75' so that the connection/coupling would not be inside the pipe.
I am quite handy, so I feel I could easily create such a cable if only I could identify the connector. I also would happily buy one if it were available, but CircuPool was not helpful.
Thanks,
George

Welcome to TFP.

75' or so. That's the total length.
I am getting to convert to SWG with a CircuPool RJ45+.
My heat exchanger (heated by my furnace) is in my basement; the pool equipment is 70' away, ourdoors. So the cell must be in the basement after the heat exchanger, while I'd like the control unit to be outdoors by the pool equipment so that pool service people can get to it easily when I am away.
I provided a spare 2" pipe from basement to pool equipment for just this kind of eventuality, so running the wire will be easy. I think I want 75' so that the connection/coupling would not be inside the pipe.
I'm quite handy, so I would have no trouble making up an "extension" cord if only I could identify (and get) the compatible connector. I would also happily buy such a cable, but CircuPool was of not helpful.
Thanks,
George

No one is going to have a premade extension cable. And cutting yours will most probably void your warranty.

Any chance you can locate the return line near the equipment pad and redirect it to the pad?

I'm not sure I'd want pool service people messing with my SWG - especially a Circupool unit they aren't familiar with. But having the controller and SWG at the pad (and easily accessible) is the best option.

Reactions: gkoulomz
Proavia -
Relocating the return line path would far more difficult than creating an "extension cord" for the control cable, since I would have to dig up my blue stone patio and add close to 100' of pipe to the return.
But thanks for taking the time to propose what might have been an excellent idea in another situation.
George