Circupool RJ45, low salt and check cell light on

My cell has been doing the same. Last year it was reading a bit low, and they had me send it in. It got sent back saying it worked fine and they just told me to run the salt a little high. Now its flashing low salt again, and reading even lower, 2500-2700 when my drop test shows 5000. I am going to call them today. My SWG was purchased in 2020, but replaced under warranty in May of 2022, so its barely two years old. I really hope it's not needing to be replaced already. It's been cleaned once with very dilute muriatic because it had a ton of buildup, which I am guessing was from running the CSI a bit high due to new plaster. I also had the temperature sensor read too low once which stopped FC production. I sent it in again and they charged me a little bit for a cooling fan and some connector pro-rated. I am pretty sure the flow switch only reads flow, and the temp sensor is in the cell. The salinity is not a sensor from what I understand but a reading between the plates.

I am mostly happy with DSP as not many other places offer such a long warranty and honor it for DIY installs. Their support has been pretty good with supporting my aging system with connectors, parts and a control pad at a decent price after warranty. BUT... its pretty clear they are not that that sharp on their product since its just a repackaged cell from China, judging from their canned responses of "try cleaning it." They even tried blaming phosphates on it not producing FC once. We'll see what they say here in about an hour.

Last edited:
Now its flashing low salt again, and reading even lower, 2500-2700 when my drop test shows 5000.

Don't run your actual salt higher to make the SWG happy.

Higher actual salt levels accelerate corrosion around the pool.

I’m not so sure an extra 1000ppm of salinity significant accelerates corrosion. I converted my pool to salt after a few years of living here and even from that alone I do not experience any more corrosion than I did with chlorine only. I would argue that FC alone is way more corrosive to metal than salt.

DSP said low salinity readings mean low conductivity. It’s not temperature as my water is over 85 degrees so it’s either a dirty cell or failing cell. I am going to clean it today and if that doesn’t work they want me to send it in for possible testing and/or warranty claim.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I did clean it once. It bubbled up for a few minutes then didn't do much else. After hooking it back up it reads around 3200ppm which was a little closer. DSP advised I let it run for a few days to let it average out. At the end of the weekend it was back to reading 2600ppm, so they want me to mail the cell in.

Reactions: Texas Splash