Change to Salt or no??

hmm, I was also thinking about converting to a salt water pool, but this conversation about the stone around the pool concerns me. My pool is surrounded by brick which is one of the softest materials. Am I going to have issues if I convert to a salt water pool?

I have no first hand experience, but I did read about some stone etching from people who had slate or some other stone in Texas. Do a search here on "etching" and see if any of it seems relevant to your stuff.

Before salt, while I was manually dosing, I lost FC levels twice and had to do a whole SLAM process. After the SWG was installed, that hasn't happened again.

The water is only required to be around 3,000PPM, which is saline, not ocean water (35,000PPM). As far as fresh/brackish/salt water is concerned, it's still technially "fresh water".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saline_water

hmm, I was also thinking about converting to a salt water pool, but this conversation about the stone around the pool concerns me. My pool is surrounded by brick which is one of the softest materials. Am I going to have issues if I convert to a salt water pool?

A friend of mine has been using salt for 5 years, has brick around pool, and NO problems. Hes on long island too.

I am by far no expert. This is only my second year with new pool. I have the autopilot swg and absolutely love it. My pool maintains a 6 to 7 ppm FC at 50% output on about 10 hours run time. We typically are in and out of the pool from noon til 10 at night. When we have a get together or just a lot of people in pool I let the pump run over night. I also do this sometimes in July and August with deck jets on to help cool the pool. The only chemical I ever have to add is muriatic acid for lowering PH and really not that often. 1 gallon will most likely last the whole summer. Oh yeah and stabilizer. But I am for sure in favor of swg. I have no cons except I understand that the up front cost can be one. Just my two cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.