Does CircuPool have a low salt mode? (similar to Hayward)

mfifield01

May 11, 2022
Bee Cave, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
From what I've read, you can change the cell in the Hayward Aquarite menu and run a lower salt level (1600 or 2400). I realize that output is reduced at the lower levels. Can the CircuPool RJ+ do something similar in the menus? If so, I could oversize to a 60k unit and output should be good.

It's more around running a lower level of salt in the pool. I read this in the Hayward Aquarite wiki, "You can run a regular Aquarite with a T-15 cell and set the cell size to T-9 or T-5 to run at lower salinity. With the T-15 cell you can run the salinity at about 1,600 with the cell type to T-5. You can run at about 2,400 with the cell type set to T-9."

Does it honestly make sense that 5% to 7% of seawater salinity is ok while 10% is detrimental ?

Up north salt is detrimental to concrete roads and sidewalks. It gets dispersed heavy and as the snow melts, it gets crazy concentrated in any defect, crack or low spot. It's literally crunchy to walk on in places and it's millions per part, not parts per million. We avoid it when possible for this reason.

It's truly a thing, but it was misapplied to the wrong thing.

Someone told you in your other thread that their TX stone was already bad with liquid chlorine and seemingly got worse after going SWG. But most things deteriorate at an accelerated rate one the protective coating / finish is compromised, or cracks and imperfections appear. It was going to get worse either way. The key is that it was already bad before the SWG switch. :)

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.