Big Mistake

Jun 16, 2009
I thought I bought two bottles of proteam metal magic today..brought them home and had one of my sons go pour them in the pool for metal control...turns out the second bottle behind the first on the shelf was Phosaway. Now my pool is cloudy mess! What do I need to do now?

Monkeylove

Unfortunately you may have a bigger problem. Often times phosphate removers come with two active ingredients - lanthanum chloride to react with phosphates and an cationic (+ charged) clarifier to make the lanthanum phosphate particles easier to filter out. The metal sequestrant is an anionic (- charged) chelating agent.

Problem is, when you mix a cationic clarifier with an anionic metal sequestrant, the two stick to each other like glue and you get a giant cloudy mess. Let your DE filter go to work on it with slow, constant filtration and you should hopefully see it resolve in 24-48 hours. Backwash the DE filter as soon as clarity is restored.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.