Metals in pool?

While waiting on your results from an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test or pending SLAM Process, I would start adding polyfill to the skimmer to see if you can capture anything. Or you can get creative with polyfill in a separate bucket like others below.

full

Reactions: Newdude
While waiting on your results from an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test or pending SLAM Process, I would start adding polyfill to the skimmer to see if you can capture anything. Or you can get creative with polyfill in a separate bucket like others below.

full
I started this again today. Added a large sock filled with poly to the skimmer. Another question. Sunday night after refilling my CYA was zero. I added 6.5 lbs of cya (which was actually less than pool math recommended). Today I tested CYA again and I believe it’s too high. I ran out of reagent and only was able to put half in and it read as 50. Im gonna retest tomorrow after getting more but is the CYA test accurate can it read too high after adding?

Update:: I kept SLAMMing pool finally started to clear a bit and stuff would settle to bottom I would brush and brush but couldn’t vacuum because my vacuum kept losing prime. I called a pool technician and long story short I’m getting a new pump and filter. Apparently the sand filter I have comes standard with smaller above ground pools, makes sense because I have struggled with algae like no one else that I know that owns pools. This is costing us $3200 but hopefully it will finally be right in the end! Thank you for all your help

Attachments

• 8F644F1F-EC67-4AAE-BD43-F03B87C14486.jpeg
    8F644F1F-EC67-4AAE-BD43-F03B87C14486.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 3
Update:: I kept SLAMMing pool finally started to clear a bit and stuff would settle to bottom I would brush and brush but couldn’t vacuum because my vacuum kept losing prime. I called a pool technician and long story short I’m getting a new pump and filter. Apparently the sand filter I have comes standard with smaller above ground pools, makes sense because I have struggled with algae like no one else that I know that owns pools. This is costing us $3200 but hopefully it will finally be right in the end! Thank you for all your help
That’s fine, but keep slamming while you’re waiting. If the water is still green, there’s still algae alive and the filter won’t do anything for alive algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.