Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Hi Suz! First time posting in your build thread but have read everything from the first post. My wife and I fell in love with your pool! She loves the colors you selected and the way the water looks. Just one quick question for you. Do you have any pics at night with the lights? I thought you posted a few but i cant seem to find them. Thanks and congrats on the amazing pool!

Hi Suz! First time posting in your build thread but have read everything from the first post. My wife and I fell in love with your pool! She loves the colors you selected and the way the water looks. Just one quick question for you. Do you have any pics at night with the lights? I thought you posted a few but i cant seem to find them. Thanks and congrats on the amazing pool!

Thank you very much! It's always nice to get complements. No, I haven't taken any night shots yet. I will try to tonight, but if it rains, I'll wait for a dry evening.

I see in your signature, you have an AG pool. Are you guys looking at surrounding materials for your pool or thinking of making a change?

Take care,
Suz.

This is our first year with a pool at all! Loving how simple it is to maintain with the TFP methods. We are looking to have an IG built in a few years after we save up the money. The kids love what we have now but its already a bit small for what they like to do. Take your time on the pics too.

Here you go, my first night shot I've taken! I took it last night. The pool color looks more vibrant in the picture than it does in person. And it's funny with my cell camera. The first shot I took, I had the spa light set on Cobalt Blue and the pool lights on Sky Blue. Then for the second picture, I put both the spa and the pool lights on Cobalt Blue. Both ways looked the same in the photo which of course the Sky Blue is a good bit lighter and a different shade. That just didn't show up on the cell camera. Oh well..... I didn't do any other colors since the mosquitoes were bugging me.

Jandy Cobalt Blue

Let me know if you want other colors. Some of the lighter colors don't show up very well. I don't know if it's the Blue Granite finish or the brand of lights or the number of lights. I think I read somewhere that the Pentair lights are better, but I'm not sure about that.

Suz.

While I'm posting pictures, I have a few more that were taken a couple of days ago. We have cats and envy those with dogs who get to play in the pool with their dogs. It seems like a lot of fun to me, but I could be wrong. We'll know soon after my granddog, Willie, comes down for a visit next week.

Anyway.... since we don't have dogs, my son and I have been curious how our cats would take to the water. There are some cats called Swimming Cats, the Turkish Van. Toby has similar markings, but of course that may be all he has in common. And Toby's brother Max is so very laid back, we thought we might have a chance he would be interested. Our other two cats - no way. We're not even going to try swimming with them. We thought maybe getting them onto the water first would be a good step. So my son came up with this idea of a Cat Boat made out of the hard shell play pools floating on noodles. It was a good first attempt, but something other than tape will have to be used. We're thinking of making a sort of net of noodles tied together with the zip ties, set the pool on that, and then zip tie the net to the top rim of the pool shell. We're open to suggestions.

I won't say the cats loved it and are begging to go back in the boat. But they didn't freak out like we knew was possible. I'd say concerned curiosity was more their mood. Nick was there by them the whole time petting them and talking to them. I don't think they're quite ready for solo sailing excursions!!

Max....

Toby....

Max and Toby.... Max is distracted by something else, and Toby still can't believe that's water outside the boat.

Well, we call Max 'Roundie'. He has a very large belly. I told my son that Max has what is called an 'Apple' figure. Nick said it's more like a watermelon. I was offended on behalf of Max. In fact, Max and Toby each weigh in around 14-15 pounds. So unless your cat is 30 or more pounds, you have another project!!!

Suz.

Thanks for the pics. Your pool looks just as amazing at night as it does during the day.

I know none of our critters would take well to being in a pool. Even floating like yours would be next to impossible. Between 4 cats a beagle and a mastiff pit mix we would be tore up. Giving them a bath we need to keep the paramedics on stand by (not really but close!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great night pic! I bet that is beyond calming to be out there on a warm summer Texas night just soaking it all in. I can hear the cicadas just looking at it.

Perhaps some pirate hats, an eye patch and a parrot for one of the cats? I smell this years Christmas photo....

-plat

Thanks for the pics. Your pool looks just as amazing at night as it does during the day.

I know none of our critters would take well to being in a pool. Even floating like yours would be next to impossible. Between 4 cats a beagle and a mastiff pit mix we would be tore up. Giving them a bath we need to keep the paramedics on stand by (not really but close!)

Paramedics.... too funny! Boy, I tell ya' - we've got one kitty (the smallest at only 8 pounds) who would tear us to pieces if we tried to take him in the water with us. We don't even walk him near the pool, because he's so skittish of water.

LOVE the nighttime pics Suz! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! The cats. OMGOSH. I love it! How precious - no wonder you love them so much!

Thanks, Wendy! They are the reason I understand you and others who love their pets. They are such a wonderful part of our lives. I'm sure we spoil them too much, but why not, right?! I can think of worse things in this world.

Great night pic! I bet that is beyond calming to be out there on a warm summer Texas night just soaking it all in. I can hear the cicadas just looking at it.

Perhaps some pirate hats, an eye patch and a parrot for one of the cats? I smell this years Christmas photo....

-plat

Thanks, Plat! You're right, it's calming as long as I'm in the water. But the last week or so, the mosquitoes have been a nuisance. They usually don't like me, but I guess I've usually had others outside in the evening whom they prefer. I'm second choice. I'm going to have to do some sort of spraying.

I do love hearing the cicadas. Something from my childhood, I think. I get such a nice "I'm home" feeling when I hear them. Man, they sure can get loud which almost ruins that nice warm feeling! Ha ha!

Pirate outfits! Hilarius!! My son and I were talking about sailor caps, but your idea is much better! Actually Max and Toby don't seem to mind being dressed up - that's how desperate they are for attention! Right, we don't give them enough.......

Christmas cards? Great idea except I gave up on those 11 years ago. I think it's sad I and so many others have stopped. But not sad enough to do anything about it! This year for the holiday season, I plan to be bundled up lounging around the pool in between dashes in and out of the spa!!! I can't wait.

I'm already enjoying your build thread. It's going to be a fun one - and gorgeous! You've got some real design genius!

Suz.

Suz don't forget about these. We use and LOVE these.....

Amazon.com: off mosquito lamp

They work great and last for a long while. You can also get them at Walmart, Lowes, etc.

Kitties in the boat! Everyone needed to see those! Babbit would have loved that. I wish I had thought of it while she was still with us. (Babbit= Bad rabbit-------She was "hopping" across the Lowes parking lot when I was there. Another person saw the "bunny" also. He gave me his shirt to catch the "rabbit" that had gone under a large truck (thank goodness as it was quite high and easy to get under). Well the "rabbit" turned out to be a small round kitten with no tail and LONG fur. She never did really run. She always "hopped". The guy would not take the kitty. He just wanted his shirt back! LOL She was such a neat cat and would do just about anything to be with me.)

Kim (thanks for letting me share about Babbit)

Suz don't forget about these. We use and LOVE these.....

Amazon.com: off mosquito lamp

They work great and last for a long while. You can also get them at Walmart, Lowes, etc.

Kitties in the boat! Everyone needed to see those! Babbit would have loved that. I wish I had thought of it while she was still with us. (Babbit= Bad rabbit-------She was "hopping" across the Lowes parking lot when I was there. Another person saw the "bunny" also. He gave me his shirt to catch the "rabbit" that had gone under a large truck (thank goodness as it was quite high and easy to get under). Well the "rabbit" turned out to be a small round kitten with no tail and LONG fur. She never did really run. She always "hopped". The guy would not take the kitty. He just wanted his shirt back! LOL She was such a neat cat and would do just about anything to be with me.)

Kim (thanks for letting me share about Babbit)

Thanks a million for the Amazon link to the mosquito lamp. I'm ordering it tonight! We bought something a couple of weeks ago. I pretend it's helping, but I don't think it really is.

I'm so very glad you shared about Babbit. You know I love any cat and/or pet story! And that's a very special one. How sweet - oh what a love she was. You are definitely an angel to cats and to all furries (and to non-furry being's too)

Hugs,
Suz.

If my cat was younger, I'd take him out to the pool. He is 13 and nearly died a few months ago, so I don't want to stress him. He used to get in the shower with me in his younger days, lol. He starts out not minding a bath, but when you have to hold him to rinse, he gets mad. I call him my cat-dog sometimes, because he acts more like a dog than a cat.

If my cat was younger, I'd take him out to the pool. He is 13 and nearly died a few months ago, so I don't want to stress him. He used to get in the shower with me in his younger days, lol. He starts out not minding a bath, but when you have to hold him to rinse, he gets mad. I call him my cat-dog sometimes, because he acts more like a dog than a cat.

13! Wow, bless his heart. I'm so glad he's still with you. And nooooooo, I don't think swimming is something he needs to take up now. Used to shower with you.... that's awesome!

Our Toby is much like a dog. He runs to the door when the doorbell rings or someone knocks. He HAS to be the first to greet people. We call him our WalMart Greeter. He walks with me everywhere and waits at the back door for me to come home. Having a pool has been rough on him, because he watches me from different windows the whole time I'm in the water. He's part of the reason we're trying the whole Cat in a Boat thing. If he can get used to it, he will be much happier outside with me - which means on the water while I'm in it. These guys are so sheltered, I won't let them free in the yard. Toby would run up to an attack dog if one busted in, and Toby would roll over on his back hoping the dog would rub his belly!

Give your kitty a kiss for me!
Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Loved all the pics, esp the cats in the boat!

Thanks, Marla. Who wouldn't love Sailing Cats, right?!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.