which is better? Vacuum Skimmer plate or Leaf Canister ?

Jul 12, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Hello,
I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if i do not provide enough info. I am in Phoenix, Arizona its hot, windy and dusty and my pool is getting filled with debris. I currently have a barracuda type vacuum connected to the skimmer. I clean the debris basket in the pump daily but this is a pain, i have to prime it, let the air out (etc) I think having either a skimmer plate or leaf canister for the vacuum would be much easier to clean and i wouldn't have to turn the pump off.
Does anyone have some Pros and Cons of both (one verses the other) . I've searched the web but did not find a comparison review. (found some review of each individually) but i can't make up my mind.
Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

While I use a skimmer plate I think a leaf canister would be easier for some situations. It's a bit of a job to clean the skimmer basket after vacuuming and I think the canister would be better in that instance. However, never having used one I might be completely wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.