Vinnyd0810

May 29, 2019
Middletown nj
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a common 6x12 skimmer and a skimmer basket(maybe 8in around). Its an above ground 18ft pool. The skimmer has a basket that you can pull out and clean. When I vacuum, i used a skimmer plate with a 90degree hose connector and thats that. Attaching the hose to this connection while maintaining prime is a tricky, two handed process that seems to be always be almost above the water. It sounds like its sucking a little air. How do you make this connection easier without the risk of sucking air?

I have a common 6x12 skimmer and a skimmer basket(maybe 8in around). Its an above ground 18ft pool. The skimmer has a basket that you can pull out and clean. When I vacuum, i used a skimmer plate with a 90degree hose connector and thats that. Attaching the hose to this connection while maintaining prime is a tricky, two handed process that seems to be always be almost above the water. It sounds like its sucking a little air. How do you make this connection easier without the risk of sucking air?
Sucking a little air won't hurt anything, the pump will pick up prime soon in an above-ground pool.

Are you feeding the hose all the way into the water after putting in the vacuum end so that it fills with water (when you get to the other end all the air should be out)?

Can you keep hose end relatively under water and feed it through the pool skimmer opening instead of going into skimmer pot from above?

That should minimize air

Yes, im filling the hose with water first and feeding the hose end basically under water to meet the vacuum plate, which is kind of under water. It works out ok. I guess im doing it right. Didn’t like hearing the air sucking noise during the plugging in move. Psi on filter is fine and the suction is strong. On another note, ive been using a skimmer sock recently and noticed im not getting a seal on the vacuum plate against the skimmer basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.