Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liquidator ?

1. Back To Top    #1

liquidator ?

Will the 8 gallon liquidator work with a pool that is 37000 gallons
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: liquidator ?

Yes, but probably not real well

I think that you are just a bit too big for the Liquidator to work, even if you did the upgrade. Punch some numbers for your pool in the Pool Calculator and see what kind of values you get. Then do the math on a 2 ppm drop in chlorine daily, and you should get pretty close to what you would need for make up bleach. I really think you are more of a candidate for a peristaltic pump at your volume.

3. Back To Top    #3

While I'm a fan of the LQ (liquidator) I agree with Sal's recommendation. Take a good look at a peristaltic pump and 15 gal tank system.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Okay will do the pump rt what brand pump? Also for a 37000 pool I think I will need about 1-1/2 gallons of bleach a day 6%...
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd recommend the Stenner over anything else then any perstaltic over diaphragm any day. You can get a Stenner pump with a 30gallon tank. That'd last you about 20 days between refills.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Were is the best place to buy one ?

7. Back To Top    #7

Just do a Google search for Stenner tank systems. Inyo Pools has about the best price I've seen on them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator