Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: loop lock pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

loop lock pool cover

I opened my pool today and tomorrow i need to store my pool cover. How do clean these covers? I have a pressure washer, is there a specific detergent to clean them or do you just hose them off?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    The Triangle, NC

Re: loop lock pool cover

We inherited our loop lock cover with no directions about it. While it is still on the pool, the cover gets blown off with a leaf blower, as does the deck surround, and then the removal begins. Once in a neat roll, we stand it up, it drips off for a day and we store it until autumn. It seems clean when we put it on for the winter. We didn't do anything special at all. Maybe we should have? Maybe someone else will stop by with some other ideas and reasons....

Happy Splashing!

25,000 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 1.5hp single-speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: loop lock pool cover

Simply hosing it is usually sufficient to clean it off. Any pollen or dust won't hurt it. It's storage bag lets it breath and dry. Then put it in a large, clean trash can with a lid. This will keep out mice. Mice chew and chew. Expensive mice. Toters makes large trash cans, as large as 96 gallons with wheels. Stores pool stuff in the fall too. Lasts forever almost. Best $100 you'll spend. Home Depot and Lowes can get them if they aren't in stock.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.