New swim spa cover

NeedPAPoolHelp

Aug 8, 2021
pennsylvania
We've had a Hydropool swim spa for almost 10 years, and we have had to replace the cover once and will do so again this year. The cover that comes with Hydropools comes in four sections held together by velcro. The thread where the velcro and the straps are wears out long before the rest of the cover, and there is no way to sew them back on. And all the seams get really dirty and gross. I'd like something without velcro!

I've looked at End2End roll up covers, and they seem user friendly. Another possibility is Advanced Spa Covers, which have a lifetime guarantee. Both are pricey but if they're user friendly and last a long time, we can do it.

Does anyone have any experience with such covers? We live in PA and our spa gets afternoon sun, plus sometimes snow or ice.

Has anyone had any experience with either?

Swim Spa Covers | Endless Pool Covers | Pool Covers | Hot Tub Covers | Replacement Swim Spa Cover

3 Piece – Oversize Spa Cover – Advanced Spa Covers

No experience with either type but
That end 2 end one looks fantastic compared to a standard multi piece cover. The only thing that worries me is the 3 year warranty. Its quite an expensive purchase!
Hopefully someone with some direct experience will be along soon. Maybe @RDspaguy has seen some of these in the wild?
Whatever you get be sure to follow up here as there is an increasing amount of swim spa users here in the recent years and they will no doubt be looking for covers before long as well.

Reactions: Newdude
I have not seen these either.
The sales pitch sounds good, they all do, that's the nature of a sales pitch. The truth lies in the warranty, which I suspect excludes "chemical damage" as well as "neglect" just like the rest. It's chemicals, exposure, sunlight, and rough handling that take out covers.
The roll-up one does look convenient. I've seen roll-ups before, but they were bevelled wood slats attached to a foam rubber sheet, and weighed a ton.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We went to a dealer who sells them-drove an hour each way. Using it is very convenient. Seems quite durable. The dealer is a family operation in a small town. They keep the swim spa with the cover on outside, behind the store. The wife uses the spa regularly for swimming and she rolls and unrolls it very easily. It looked to be in mint condition, even though we drove to see it an hour after I called her, and after two major storms and the fact that the store is next to a dirt lot and construction equipment. She expects that it will last over 10 years. However, it weighs a ton-300 lbs. I don't think rough handling is an issue, since it wouldn't be moved. Two issues with that-getting it in place, and replacing it 10+ years from now when we'll be in our 70s. If we were younger, I'd probably get it. Also, the dealer quoted $1000+ less than the pricing on the company website.

Reactions: RDspaguy
When you’re in your 70’s have them come replace it! They deliver & set stuff up right?
Or task rabbit/ your grands maybe 🤔

Good to know about the pricing- it pays to shop around. Nice to know there’s still a few good mom & pop shops out there.
It certainly seems like a useful cover.