20 Pool experts still no answer

Hello

i have been going crazy trying to figure out what wrong with my pool.

I Opened my new pool for the first time 3 months ago. Its a vinyl pool with an auto cover.

we are only 5 people that use it.

My skimmer from day one has this grey slime line that forms at the water level and also the water in the skimmer is a rainbow color oil on top of the water the same like when you was motor oil off the driveway. everyone says they have never seen the rainbow colored oil film on top. I have 5 neighbours with pools and none of them have this.

any ideas please im losing my mind next step is to empty

thank you
Just an FYI, with a Vinyl pool, you can only partially drain. Like only 45% of the water or you could cause damage to your liner.

Yea thank you I heard the same thing I am not able to drain all the water unless I put the vacuums to keep the liner in place. I don’t use any chlorine it’s a saltwater pool
That may be the issue. A saltwater pool uses chlorine to sanitize the water. It just generates the chlorine from the CL in NaCl.

Could be algae slime, post some pictures. Also note that TFP generally doesn’t trust pool store testing as they get it wrong so often. You’de do good to get one of the two test kits recommended by TFP.

Thank you for your replies wouldn’t algae be seen everywhere in the pool I know they’ve tested the chlorine level is normal I am trying to post a photo but it will not allow me to because it keeps saying the file is too large the water in the skimmer looks exactly like rainbow water that you see when you wash oil off the driveway or when you wash gasoline off the driveway however it has no smell at all

Ty for your help trying to figure this out
The motor had no oil, also this problem started off first as grease buildup in the skimmer and now has turned into this oily looking water in the skimmer so I feel like I promised progressing this started from the beginning of my pool filled with water so the pump hadn’t been used yet at all as I’m thinking back I feel like it’s something right from the start that went wrong

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ty for your help trying to figure this out
The motor had no oil, also this problem started off first as grease buildup in the skimmer and now has turned into this oily looking water in the skimmer so I feel like I promised progressing this started from the beginning of my pool filled with water so the pump hadn’t been used yet at all as I’m thinking back I feel like it’s something right from the start that went wrong
Didn’t use any bacquacil products did you? Pool companies frequently think very low chlorine is normal so would be good to see an actual chlorine number. Algae starts out clear until it’s too late. I’ll admit oily colors seems odd for algae.

Heat pump...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.