Zodiac unibridge drain cover or Color Match Pool Fittings success?

BB_Sacramento

Aug 14, 2015
sacramento/CA
My Maytronics dolphin premier robotic vacuum gets stuck on my 2 drain covers whether the pump is on or off. My vacuum has just been refurbished so it's working great. I tried maindrainclipon and for my drain covers I had to buy 2 for each cover, plus the install tool for $72 total. Those did not help. We also tried using pieces of a foam pool noodle zip-tied to the vacuum cord as recommended in the pamphlet that came with the maindrainclipons, and that didn't work either. With even a small piece it pulls the vacuum up so it's not making connection with the pool floor and won't climb walls. Maytronics suggested we try the Zodiac Unibridge drain cover or the Color Match Pool Fittings - VGB Drain covers. I hesitate to spend a lot more money before knowing if those work or not. I just asked Maytronics customer care about those items and they said I can take my vacuum in to a shop and they can fix it so it won't stick. When I asked what would be done to fix it, they told me they don't know, they're not a service technician and I can't get a message/question to their service technicians. Have any of you used these 2 options? For the Zodiac Unibridge, does it attach to something? How does it stay in place? Has anyone else been successful with this problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.