Zodiac/Polaris Gear Motor?

Jul 2, 2017
Ontario
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of a source for just the gear motor inside the motor block of these Polaris/Zodiac pool cleaners?
Better still, does anyone know or have a "dead" motor block that is on it's way to the trash?

I'm working on one that simply has a broken gear inside the grey gearbox and I can't bring myself to spend $500+ on a complete new motor block for that. From what I understand, the gear motors in these are all the same, regardless of model number or brand. And what I need is just the gearbox itself, so a "dead" donor would be perfect... doesn't matter if the motor is seized up, water damaged or electronics dead. I just need one small component out of the gearbox.

I believe there are 2 versions, the older ones have a "white" gearbox but all the newer ones have a "grey" gearbox, the grey is the one I need.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm in Canada but would gladly pay for shipping if anyone has what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any suggestions/help anyone can offer!

Cheers,
DoC

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 11
  • gearbox.jpg
    gearbox.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 12
I need to attach something to my Zodiac MX6 to keep it from stopping and gulping air on the pool coping around the pool. Something to break the suction vacuum and let the cleaner to fall back in the pool. Now it just sucks air and creates cavitation pumping bubbles thru the return lines to pool.....cavitation is very hard on the pool pump system? Do they make something to do this or any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated..... I also have adjusted various standard corrections, ie vacuum adjustment, speed of control of mx6, and hose length adjustment
and position of float on hose. What more can I do? RRR

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.