Zodiac MX8 Elite with VS pump

RyanWendell

Mar 14, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Hello all,

I just go my Zodiac MX8 Elite and something feels off.

I have a VS pump and the only way to get the timing even close (10 wheel rotations in around 27 seconds) is to have the VS pump running near full speed at 3000 RPM. I even have the flow keeper on the setting that should give it the most flow.

I'm not sure if this seems right. Ideally I would like the MX8 to just run all the time but that would defeat the purpose of an energy saving VS pump if I have to keep it running at 3000 RPM all the time.

One last issue I had with the MX8 is that the rubber cuff that goes into the skimmer port did not fit. The flow keeper actually screwed into the skimmer port and seems to be a pretty tight fit. I don't feel any suction but maybe that's part of the issue.

Thanks!

I'm looking for the easiest 0 maintenance cleaner. I just got a Zodiac MX8 Elite but my VS pump needs to be at near max RPM to get it to move properly defeating all the energy savings I would have had. I really just want something I can throw in the pool and forget about and it's constantly cleaning. These seem perfect since they can stay in the pool and run automatically which also frees up my skimmer basket. Open to any suggestions.

Bump. Same. I bought the MX8 9/15/20 and at 6/3/21 I had it serviced because the gritty debris from our oak tree was gumming up the gears. However, using the same 2500/3200/2500 speeds on my Pentair Superflo I set at installation I'm only getting 6.5 revs in 20 seconds at 3200 rpm, with the flow regulator set at max flow. Fresh DE filter, empty baskets, etc. Need ideas to work with. Anyone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.