Zodiac MX6 - Delicate Hoses Keep Breaking

Dec 6, 2017
Miami, FL
Hi all,
I'd like to crowdsource some advice for my Zodix MX6 issue. I bought it 18 months ago. The hose has proven to be very brittle; each hose segment has broken. Maybe this is cost of saltwater? Or a dry sunny Miami summer?

I don't know whether I have the stomach to switch to a new cleaner, but I am not crazy about needing to buy $120+ worth of hose each year. Is there a generic hose anyone would recommend? I just wanted to see if anyone else has faced this issue.
Overall, I was pretty happy with the MX6. Yes, it would catch a leaf or twig a few times a week. But it was reliable and powerful, and I loved having it!

Thank you.

Salt water doesn’t cause plastic embrittlement, at least not at the low levels used in SWG pools. Intense sun can but since this is an outdoor rated piece of equipment, the plastic should be fine in the sun. Excessive chlorine levels could cause premature failure or even pH that’s out of range.

Please post water test results so we can start from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.