Zodiac LM-40 pool controller EOS terminal missing

IanK

Sep 3, 2021
Australia
HI everybody,

I have a Zodiac LM3-40 Clearwater SWG here in Australia and was hoping to connect it to the nodejs pool controller system. To this end, I bought an RS485 hat and Raspberry Pi and have today opened up the LM3 to connect the wires to the RS485 EOS port that is supposed to be on the control PCB in the unit. However... there is no EOS terminal block on any of the boards in the unit so the RS485 interface appears to be entirely missing from this LM3. Looking in detail at the professional installation guide, my board looks quite different to that shown in the photo of the recommended installation method. So, I am wondering if anybody else has hit this problem before and, if so, is there any other way to attach a controller to the LM3 unit? I am wondering if the Australian version of the LM3 just doesn't have this EOS port.
The board I have does have some headers on a block labelled 'Prog' but I suspect this is just to program the board in the first place so isn't what I need.
I have attached a couple of photos of the control board (back and front) so you can see what I mean.
Grateful for any and all pointers... even if it's 'it won't work with that unit' :)

Cheers,

Ian K

Attachments

• 20211130_140425.jpg
    20211130_140425.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211130_140614.jpg
    20211130_140614.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.