Zodiac EI25 expert salt generator

Ian196499

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
England
Hi

having read all the positive comments on SWG on the forum I’m going to take the plunge and convert my pool.
As I’m in the UK the choice is limited and the most commonly available system appears to be a Zodiac EI expert salt chlorinator.
given my pool is 45m3 I would go for the EI25 version which is for pools up to 100m3.
I think Zodiac is an Australian company which has linked up to the Spanish company Fluidra. Does anyone have any opinions on whether they are a decent supplier?
does anyone have any advice on the suitability / reliability of this particular system?
Finally, where in the plumbing does this go? I’m presuming it’s the last piece of equipment before the return to the pool?
as we have a heat pump for the pool would I need to have a flowvalve between the SWG and the heat pump?
As I’m completely new to SWG I’d appreciate any advice
Thanks !
Ian

Ian,

As you suspect the cell is last piece of equipment before the valves that return the water to the pool.

You do not need a check valve between the cell and the heater because when the cell is off, it is off, unlike a tab feeder that still has very acidic tablets that can leak back into the heater.

Keep in mind that the cell must be wired so that the cell can never run if the pump is off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Ian196499
Jim
Thanks. Good news that I don’t need a flow valve as the room on the return after the heat pump is limited so this will make fitting much easier.
I think My pump has an auxiliary feed so I can check if I can take the electric feed from there to ensure the SWG is only on when the pump is on. Or I could just wire the SWG to the same timer as the pump is connected.
Cheers
Ian

Ian,

If you have a single speed pump, then wiring to the same timer is perfect.

The one downside to a SWCG is that you might have to run the pump longer to generate the amount of FC you will need. The bigger the cell the less time you will have to have the pump running.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Ian196499
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.