Zodiac Caretaker pop up warranty question

Roscoe

Jun 3, 2020
Southern AZ
Pool Size
I am curious. I have a set of Caretaker 99 pop ups. They were installed before Zodiac bought the Caretaker company. I have no problem replacing the port 5 gear set under warranty.
Replace a pop up under warranty? no. 1st pass, was no issue. 2nd pass, I had to send some of my pop ups, to Zodiac, to prove that the pool floor had not been refinished. 3rd pass, was "easier" but "you can only have 6 replacement pop ups per month". Now Zodiac will not respond to my emails and if I call, there are always 2 people in line already - "we will call you back". Obviously there was no follow up phone call.

Do others have the same issue with warranty replacement on (now) Zodiac pop ups?
Thanks

Last edited:
How many pop ups do you have in your pool?

How many have a problem?

20 pop ups total. It has a 5 port gear set. The spa set (6 bench/step bayanet pop ups) raise and lower but do not rotate. There are some others but I am currently just focused on the spa set. I have adjusted the pump speed and adjust the valve settings. The 5 port was running at 14 psi, it is now running at 16 psi. I removed each pop up during the cycle, I see no damaged tangs and no residue came out when the pop up was removed. I am thinking of replacing the gear set (again), perhaps I am leaking pressure internally in the gear set.

The drawing was approved by Caretaker when the pool was built.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.