#yolo_az New Build!

Pavers!!! by a ham23, on Flickr

should be sitting outside finally this weekend! something we have missed doing since getting to AZ because of all the dirt, dust, sand, mud that was the backyard. i noticed there was no drain where the patio slope meets the pool slope so i asked. i was told yeah there are putting one in. it was the first thing they did this morning. glad i asked. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
some green for the "concrete jungle" / "desert life" and we love it.

A little green! by a ham23, on Flickr

we have had a rough time communicating with the PB these past couple weeks. mainly on getting our landscaping scheduled. it is actually not much for the back, but i was under the impression we should wait until the Pebbletec was sprayed. Because that is what he told me..... Anyway, it is going in today and Pebbletec Thur/Fri, then start up guy for PB on Monday.

at this point i am regretting not getting a heater for the pool. most of my midwestern friends can't believe i am not getting one. most of the AZ folks are 50/50 on having one. IDK.

IMHO it’s simply to costly to heat a pool here in AZ. If we didn’t have large swings in temperature from day to night, then it might work better. Or if you have a pool cover to help retain the heat, otherwise it’s like a dog chasing their tail.
I would rather have a hot tub then heat a pool.

IMHO it’s simply to costly to heat a pool here in AZ. If we didn’t have large swings in temperature from day to night, then it might work better. Or if you have a pool cover to help retain the heat, otherwise it’s like a dog chasing their tail.
I would rather have a hot tub then heat a pool.

ok, i feel better! thank you.

The whole project really looks great!. We also decided to to heat the pool. Our first house in AZ had a a heated pool and we used it a few times the first year (we moved from New England out here) just to basically gloat to friends and family back east that we were swimming in winter. After the first year we basically never used the heater. I agree with Arizonarob that we will likely add a standalone hot tub down the road possibly.

thanks. its just that i want to swim now! :)

PebbleTec was done yesterday. They come back today to do the acid wash and start to fill! Downside; last night we noticed lots of busted corners and edges on the travertine pavers. They were not there after the landscapers finished WED. Not sure what or how the PebbleTec crew could have caused them, but it's disappointing. Again.

Anyway, some pictures.

Blue!! by a ham23, on Flickr

Blue!! by a ham23, on Flickr

Landscaping by a ham23, on Flickr

Downside; last night we noticed lots of busted corners and edges on the travertine pavers. They were not there after the landscapers finished WED. Not sure what or how the PebbleTec crew could have caused them, but it's disappointing.
They most likely walked on them with their spiked slip on’s. Reach out to your PB and let him know.

That’s one tall equipment pad wall!! Make yourself a solar screen cover for the top to protect your equipment from the sun. And to cover the entrance from view of people walking up the path, toss one of those tiki bead curtains in the doorway. It’ll match your sign too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.