Yo-yo Ph-TA

Trex48

May 4, 2016
Spartanburg, SC
Our soon to be published guidelines for TA will now be 50-90.

You will be fine lowering the TA down to 50 but no lower, please.
THANK YOU for a direct answer😃. I'll get to work on the high ph right now.....and that will bring th TA way down......I'll do the acid in 8 oz doses to avoid over shooting the target. How long after added should I test again?

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
THANK YOU for a direct answer😃. I'll get to work on the high ph right now.....and that will bring th TA way down......I'll do the acid in 8 oz doses to avoid over shooting the target. How long after added should I test again?
You can retest in 15-30min with pump running :)

Trex48

May 4, 2016
Spartanburg, SC
Your TA will only drop 7. It might not even show up on your next TA test. If you're at 135 now, it could read as 130 and 127 will certainly read the same.

Again, stop worrying about TA, and stop micromanaging.
Yes, you've advised me on that micro-managing earlier...guess I'm just hard headed😁. Thank you, I appreciate your help. Getting started on the pH now.

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
TA 100
pH 7.5
After adding 25 oz MA! Now that I know down to 55 TA will help me control my pH this summer! I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. Thank you.
This is great to hear! You will be much happier/less stressed anyways! :D
The PH level is slightly more important than the *actual* TA level (although you don't want the TA bottoming out either, but that is under 30!). Once your PH isn't rising on a _daily_ basis, even after use, then you know you've found your pool's PH/TA "sweet spot". PH absolutely fluctuates, but shouldn't swing wildly or rise rapidly. ;)

Trex48

May 4, 2016
Spartanburg, SC
This is great to hear! You will be much happier/less stressed anyways! :D
The PH level is slightly more important than the *actual* TA level (although you don't want the TA bottoming out either, but that is under 30!). Once your PH isn't rising on a _daily_ basis, even after use, then you know you've found your pool's PH/TA "sweet spot". PH absolutely fluctuates, but shouldn't swing wildly or rise rapidly. ;)
Right! For some reason I mistakenly thought I had to maintain a TA level of at least 90 but now that I understand I can safely go as low as 60 TA I'm sure I will be stress free and able to keep my pH manageable. I want to thank all of the kind people on this forum for offering guidance and support!😃