Yet Another Pentair Screenlogic Issue - Outside Receiver Likely Main Culprit

Opirr

May 2, 2023
Haltom City, TX
Hi all - I've been searching all over the internet for an answer to this.

We got hit with some super freezing temps in the winter. Wife and I bought our first home, and it had a pool. Fast-forward to frigid temps in Dec'22 - pump was constantly running because of the controller to ensure the water kept moving. Well, wife was pregnant in her third trimester and the noise from the pump was driving her nuts - and in my idiocy, I turned off the pool (pool froze over). Anyway, you can imagine the repairs that needed to be done for the pump and the filter - that's all fixed now. What I can't seem to figure out is Pentair wireless kit. We only have the main Pentair unit (and the freeze-box), chlorinator, and then the wireless kit.

Wireless kit was working just fine, but following the freeze, I'm having issues and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one. Indoor kit and protocol adapter seem fine - with the exception that RX/TX aren't actively talking. So I go to take a look at the outdoor receiver - people mention there are supposed to be lights on the receiver - but I'm not seeing any. I've flipped the breaker, turned the power back on for the pool - and still no lights - plug is fully seated. Screenlogic app interfaces just fine with my phone - so I don't think it has to do with the PA/Indoor receiver. Tried forwarding the wireless address after resetting everything but still no dice.

So, I guess my question is - do I just need to replace the outdoor receiver? Is there a way I could possibly salvage it? It seems really weird that ice cold temps would short the board when the rest of the Pentair main unit works perfectly fine.

O,

I have never heard of cold hurting ScreenLogic devices...

Try this..

Go out the EasyTouch and use the menu button and adjust the SWCG's output. Check to see that the percent light on the SWCG change when adjusted by the EasyTouch. If you can do that, it means that your main card's RS-485 is working.

Assuming that works, then try adjusting the SWCG's output using ScreenLogic and see if that work or not.

Let us know what you find and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.