Midwest
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
So, my dolphin died😢on season 3. I have been searching and searching and it seems like 3-5 years is max for these.
I began searching for a new perhaps more affordable robot. There are many more options than when I first started shopping! My main complaint with my dolphin was that the cord is always getting tangled. No matter what I did I couldn’t keep it untangled. So I thought perhaps I would like a cordless unit. After searching and searching, I settled on the Wybot Osprey 700. It was much less expensive! I’ve only had her about 3 weeks, but so far I’m impressed. I think she cleans just as good, if not better than my Dolphin. My only complaint right now, is that she takes 3 1/2 hours to charge. And the manufacturer recommends charging her indoors. I occasionally ran my Dolphin through two cycles, and that’s not possible with this unit. Otherwise, I’m very impressed.

Interesting. Please post back and keep us posted on this product. Many members, myself included, always looking for the best value and reliable product out there. Hope it continues to serve you well.

So, my dolphin died😢on season 3. I have been searching and searching and it seems like 3-5 years is max for these.
I began searching for a new perhaps more affordable robot. There are many more options than when I first started shopping! My main complaint with my dolphin was that the cord is always getting tangled. No matter what I did I couldn’t keep it untangled. So I thought perhaps I would like a cordless unit. After searching and searching, I settled on the Wybot Osprey 700. It was much less expensive! I’ve only had her about 3 weeks, but so far I’m impressed. I think she cleans just as good, if not better than my Dolphin. My only complaint right now, is that she takes 3 1/2 hours to charge. And the manufacturer recommends charging her indoors. I occasionally ran my Dolphin through two cycles, and that’s not possible with this unit. Otherwise, I’m very impressed.
Think I’m about to pull the trigger on this one. Any updates?

I know this post has been inactive for a while, but though a reply might be useful to those doing future searches. My Mom bought the 700 after seeing the results my brother got with his Aiper. She had positive things to say, so I borrowed it for a run in my pool, with pretty good results. I ordered one and it arrived today. I will try and post updates along the way.

I know this post has been inactive for a while, but though a reply might be useful to those doing future searches. My Mom bought the 700 after seeing the results my brother got with his Aiper. She had positive things to say, so I borrowed it for a run in my pool, with pretty good results. I ordered one and it arrived today. I will try and post updates along the way.
Great! Please keep us updated on its reliability and performance.

Reactions: Newdude
My osprey 700 had issues. First the charger broke after the 2nd week. They sent a whole bot instead of replacing the charger. The new bot seems to work adequately but often I find it floating in the pool and rushing around being pushed by its water jet. Not rolling around on the walls or floor. Not really impressed by its performance. My aquabot 4wd worked a lot better.

I tried a Wybot.
Was not at all impressed.
After a bit of an issue returning with Amazon, I tried the Jacuzzi JC bot from Leslie’s.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Also, for those who have a lot of pollen and leaves that fall into their pool, the Betta bots that run on solar and skim the water surface are well worth their price!

Nearly paid for itself in one pollen season!

I have an Osprey Pro 700. I got it for free as I'm an Amazon Vine Reviewer. You can read the review here: Amazon.com

V-Team is the handle, I put a video of it beaching itself. As a result, I have to program it to do floors only. The app is complete garbage, and while their support is super responsive, the English is almost impossible to understand (but they try). As stated, the app always crashes, sometimes settings don't stick, firmware upgrades don't seem to work.

My first unit was DOA, basically only one track would move so it just did 360s. They issued an RMA, but then the sent me a non-Pro, so they sent me another replacement. Hassle factor was high having to ship the old ones back, but ultimately the 700 Pro has continued to work for about a year.

I will say the actual battery life is reasonably good, 2-3 hours, and the thing is Dang powerful. I felt it had strong suction and cleanup capability than my corded Prowler 920.

I use it now mostly to throw in my hot tub. I wouldn't buy one until the brand improves its reliability.