NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I’m just getting started with the season here in the NE. Through the winter, we had some nasty weather and the ground water pulled my liner out of the track. It’s now expected, and I came up with a quick way to fix it.
My water level dropped a significant amount and it’s almost done filling so I’ll run the pump today.
Maybe related, maybe not. Anyways, I have severe wrinkles in the shallow end. Side note- I use a transfer pump to get as much water out of the dry well underneath, as that disrupts the liner. The wrinkles have been there for the past 2 seasons but worse now. I did the plunger trick last summer and it reduced them but didn’t make them go away. Some of the current wrinkles may be 1/8 inch high or more. Can I use a shop vac to try and pull them? Any suggestions are welcome. I’m in the midst of a warranty claim with the liner company. I’ll add some pictures below. Actually I’ll add them later. Too big for upload now.

Are they big fold wrinkles or fingerprint wrinkles ? 2 totally different causes, depending.

Here's some pictures. It's a combination of some big fold ones (10-12 ft long) and some smaller ones that would probably come out with a plunger. Liner is 4 years old, which shocks me. Previous liner was over 10 years old, totally faded, but no wrinkles.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1
Ok that's typically a ground water / draining issue. It either floated with a high water table from the bottom up, or had drainage issues from the top down.