Wrinkles in liner

Following the tropical storm last week, a portion of our vinyl pool floated and left behind these thick wrinkles. I tried to step on them and straighten them out but they are way hard and thick.
1- What can be done?
2- Can I continue to use my pool robot to clean or will it rip the vinyl?

It's a brand new pool and liner that was put in less than a year ago.

Thanks,

Attachments

• [pp;2.jpg
    [pp;2.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 28
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 28
Wow. What a shame. That must've been some serious upward pressure from underneath to push-up on that lner with all that water in there. In your case though, I'm not so sure there's much you can do. Even if the liner still had some flexibility being new, and you could empty the pool, which we already know isn't a good idea, I don't think it would just go back into place. But let's call on someone who's seen a few liners like @zea3 for another opinion. As for the cleaner, can you tell us how much liner is pinched-upwards in that crease? 1/4". 1/2", more?

Are these wrinkles in your shallow end? About how many inches of rain did y'all get? If it is in the shallow end, you may be able to get a couple of new rubber toilet plungers and manipulate the liner back into place. I have not done it myself but we do have members that have used that method to fix liner wrinkles.
You can also call your pool installer and see if they will re-set the liner for you. They would have to drain and refill the pool to do it, so you might want to wait until fall or spring to do that.
Next is taking some steps to improve the drainage around the pool so it doesn't happen again. You need to install french drains around the pool or put in a well point if the liner floated in the deep end.
I would also like some additional opinions to weigh in on this. @jimmythegreek , @JamesW , @bdavis466

Reactions: Texas Splash
If the pool is new call the PB it should be under warranty. How is the liner at the floor/wall angle? With wierd pattern creases like that the liner usually stretches and pulls away from the wall a little. If you leave it sit a season and fix it may not lay out nicely later. This is in deep end or shallow? Regardless sounds like you need some water management as this will happen again on the next tropical storm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.