Would be pool owner, and need your guidance!

The reason we like to know your location is to understand your climate as it affects the pool. SFBA has several different micro-climates with huge differences in sunshine and temperatures. So maybe narrow down where you are. We won't come to your house and stalk you. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: apg1428
Depends on where you live. My previous neighborhood pool was only 5ft at its deepest point. It got almost as hot as a hot tub once July rolled around. We only swam in it after the sun went down. My 8ft pool has been sitting at around 85 on days when the temp hits 100.
You’ve got a point. Pool water temp here this am was 71 degrees F. It’s almost July. 🥶

That is too chilly for me to want to swim! I don’t even think about it until the water temp hits 80.
Exactly — hence why I would have done only a spa if I had a time machine. I have the obligatory 400k BTU heater, but we use propane (around 4 bucks a gallon delivered) and it’s just not worth it in my cost / value balance to heat the entire pool. The spa heats up in about 10 minutes lol.

For the OP, heating (and cooling if necessary) may be things to think about. If the local climate tended to make a pool too warm for what you prefer, a chiller might be a worthwhile accessory.

Reactions: apg1428

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Exactly — hence why I would have done only a spa if I had a time machine. I have the obligatory 400k BTU heater, but we use propane (around 4 bucks a gallon delivered) and it’s just not worth it in my cost / value balance to heat the entire pool. The spa heats up in about 10 minutes lol.

For the OP, heating (and cooling if necessary) may be things to think about. If the local climate tended to make a pool too warm for what you prefer, a chiller might be a worthwhile accessory.
I can see how that could add up. Just curious, why would you have gone propane over natural gas? My pool isn’t heated, one day I might look into it, but I think I just ruled out propane…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.