Worst Opening in 15 Years...Help!

With that much CC, it must smell good.

attachment.php

Jimsky,

You are missing the point of SLAM. When you complete a SLAM, your pool is crystal clear and you are done.

read "SLAM" in the "How To" section up in Pool School and do it correctly and your pool will clear.

I never should have doubted you guys...sorry, my most sincere apologies for my wavering belief in the power of TFP.

After a long night of feeding my pool chlorine hourly I was finally able to attain shock level for my CYA number and just about held it overnight when measured in the morning. It dropped down during the day when I got home from work...but the water, I can finally see bottom in the deep end. Dirt on the bottom, but mostly clear water...just a bit cloudy in the deep end.

Tonight I added more bleach to bounce it back up to shock level and backwashed the filter. I vacuumed all but the deepest part of the the pool and brushed the rest. Water is back up to shock level and last combined chlorine number was zero. Looks like I'm winning the battle!

Attachments

• Pool 6-3-14.jpg
    Pool 6-3-14.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Bleach.jpg
    Bleach.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 91

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi ! I'm in the exact same boat and new to the forum. I am wondering if I can achieve the same result with only colour code strips ?

I don't think so, a real test kit is needed to know what's happening. Getting a real CYA number is really important, it's key to the whole SLAM strategy. Test strips can't read FC above 10ppm. Being able to measure CC is really important...let's you know where your are and where you are going. If you donate $30 and become a lifetime member you get a $10 off coupon to the TF-100 test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.