Worst opening ever

Local guy shows up late yesterday to open my pool. Him and his worker were very quick to try to leave, I don't think they were here for an hour. Pulled the cover, did a quick vaccuum, some very lackadaisical brushing efforts and added some salt. He said he didn't have the other chemicals with him he needed to get my pool balanced. He did not say he would come back to do so either. I asked if he re installed the filters ( he took both the filters and the salt generator with him to clean them when he closed). He said he did. I figured I would have seen him re install them, but i didn't so that's why I asked him specifically. Again, he said he did. I took him at his word. I did not expect a completely clean pool yesterday, but I expected much more for 325$. I kept my cool, paid him, and sent him on his way.

So here is the finale- I have been steadily vaccuuming and brushing today to try to get the rest of the pool clean. No improvement. I figured Something wasn't right, so I went and opened the filter- no filters. He outright lied to me about installing them. I simply can't believe he would lie right to my face about such an important item. Was he actually going to install them without me knowing at some point? I literally wasted several hours of my time vacuuming and brushing for nothing. Everything was just going back in the pool. I am beyond frustrated with him.

I left a rather curt message with him that I want my filters now, like today, tonight, I don't care. I just want them or I will have no choice but to cancel my check and order new ones.
Not looking for sympathy or anything, really just needed to vent.

Rant over.

I'd stop the payment even if he returns them. He charges for his time, you should for yours. That's too bad, sorry you had that aggravation. Was this the owner that did this?

I'd stop the payment even if he returns them. He charges for his time, you should for yours. That's too bad, sorry you had that aggravation. Was this the owner that did this?
Exactly. He could have the check deposited tomorrow and it will be too late. Also, make a report to your local BBB, even if his "company" isn't a member. They will still investigate and potentially he will get a bad rating from them, so at least you can warn others. Also leave reviews on Facebook, Google, Yelp, Angie's List, etc.

follow up to this- he returned my filters. I installed them then proceeded to get my pool into shape. my polaris wasnt working right. hardly moving... took it apart and found it was all clogged up with debris from recieveing the unfiltered water. collateral damage. ugh. what a pain this became. All seems to be ok now, just a bit more debris to vaccuum and brush up. pool is clear and water is balanced.

Exactly. He could have the check deposited tomorrow and it will be too late. Also, make a report to your local BBB, even if his "company" isn't a member. They will still investigate and potentially he will get a bad rating from them, so at least you can warn others. Also leave reviews on Facebook, Google, Yelp, Angie's List, etc.

Do BOTH of these things! I know it was 4 or 5 days ago, but definitely do both of these things!

BBB can also help you get a refund if the check has been cleared! Due to fraudulent charges for services NOT rendered.

- - - Updated - - -

follow up to this- he returned my filters. I installed them then proceeded to get my pool into shape. my polaris wasnt working right. hardly moving... took it apart and found it was all clogged up with debris from recieveing the unfiltered water. collateral damage. ugh. what a pain this became. All seems to be ok now, just a bit more debris to vaccuum and brush up. pool is clear and water is balanced.

Well that's good, are you on the TFP road? Self water testing?

Cover your own butt! You're in a good place here at TFP! We don't want your money or sell you lies. TFP wants you to enjoy your pool and not have to worry about the upkeep, care, excessive chemicals, closing and openings.

My dad always told me... Baby, if you want something done right, DIY! He's right.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.