Gold Supporter
May 24, 2014
kennewick wa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Thank you all for the information getting me to this point. Here are the details and some progress pictures. Started on TFP a long time ago and gained so much information and insight on my plans. With COVID 19 this project got pushed back 2 months but we are underway!
18'X36' Vinyl (approx 24,000 gallons)
Onxy Floor (Black) Liner
CoverStar Auto cover (Charcoal)
3HP variable speed pump (Pentair)
Clean & Clear Plus 420 filter (Pentair)
UltraTemp 140 Heat Pump (Pentair)
Intelli Center Pool Control System (Pentair)
IntelliChlor (SWG) -(Pentair)
Acid pump and tank - (Pentair)
In line Zinc Anode
2 pentair amerlite w/LED color inserts.

Attachments

• House view.PNG
    House view.PNG
    865.8 KB · Views: 89
  • steel frame 2.jpg
    steel frame 2.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 92
  • yard.JPG
    yard.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: splashpad
This is the layout. We added a 1' safety ledge in the deep end. We moved both skimmers to the east side. One in the deep end and one in the shallow end. Two lights on the west side so they don't shine in our eyes when sitting in the pergola

Attachments

• drawing 6-3-20.jpeg
    drawing 6-3-20.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 41
Steel and steps being installed. They will backfill the steps next along with concrete around the base of the steel. Plumbing and electrical coming

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    785.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 31
What have I done!
I have been in tons of job sites. Both new and retrofit / remodel. I have seen every stage of everything construction related. I knew exactly what I signed up for. Yet when the bomb went off and it was fragments of my own yard strewn about............ it still hit me like I never saw it coming. Thanks for the chuckle down memory lane !

I have been in tons of job sites. Both new and retrofit / remodel. I have seen every stage of everything construction related. I knew exactly what I signed up for. Yet when the bomb went off and it was fragments of my own yard strewn about............ it still hit me like I never saw it coming. Thanks for the chuckle down memory lane !

We have remodeled our home 3 times over the last 25 years adding over 1,000 sq/ft. All made a huge disaster in the house. At least this is OUTSIDE! Yah

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Concrete for forming pumped today. Tight squeeze to get the pump truck and mixer into the backyard. One BIG issue is WA is still under Phase 1 from COVID 19 and because of Gov Inslee NO inspections can be performed so NO backfill. Run plumbing and electrical and keep fingers crossed we can get into Phase 2 so we can get inspections. So what should have started in April did not start until June and now another delay. Welcome to WA. :-(

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3025.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Wow
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well it is a GO now for sure!!! Slow go, but a go!

Which one?

Kim:kim:

Great Question!

They have not ordered the equipment.
1) The Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control System with WiFi is what i requested. Is there other details I need to specify?
2) IntelliChlor Pentair SWG
3) IntelliChem Acid Pump and tank (do i need to be more specific with the equipment?

Thank you!

Concrete Poured. My plan is to use the standard buckets for traditional lights and add the LED inserts based on all the feedback with LED light problems. This would allow easy replacement of the bulbs is there is an issue.

Attachments

• GOPR0089.JPG
    GOPR0089.JPG
    588.1 KB · Views: 24
  • GOPR0087.JPG
    GOPR0087.JPG
    588.1 KB · Views: 24
  • GOPR0090.JPG
    GOPR0090.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 24
OK plumbing started. 2" piping. 2 skimmers separate lines and 2 bottom drains. Day 1

I had a concern with the PVC sitting on the sharp end of the support structure. I think there should be something between the pipe and the steel supports. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• GOPR0108.JPG
    GOPR0108.JPG
    429 KB · Views: 26
  • GOPR0107.JPG
    GOPR0107.JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 28
  • GOPR0102.JPG
    GOPR0102.JPG
    500.1 KB · Views: 28
  • GOPR0099.JPG
    GOPR0099.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 27
  • GOPR0095.JPG
    GOPR0095.JPG
    608.9 KB · Views: 26
I would make me feel much better if there were something there also. I say get some foam or a folded washcloth to put there BUT know it will be buried in cement and should not move due to that................Me? I would still worry and my idea is cheap peace of mind.

Reactions: Newdude
I would make me feel much better if there were something there also. I say get some foam or a folded washcloth to put there BUT know it will be buried in cement and should not move due to that................Me? I would still worry and my idea is cheap peace of mind.
Thank you. Yes I am going to have the PB put something between the pipe and structure. It will be dirt back filled and over half will have artificial turf so I will still be able to dig it up if needed. Hopefully no time soon

Plumbing and electrical dropped in the trench today. hoping to finish up tomorrow and get inspection next week. Pressure test piping. Electrical will power 2 lights, autocover, outlet to pergola, and power to a 8 x 10 pool shed. Hopefully then can get back fill done.

Attachments

• GOPR0126.JPG
    GOPR0126.JPG
    763.7 KB · Views: 9
  • GOPR0132small.jpg
    GOPR0132small.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 10
  • GOPR0113.JPG
    GOPR0113.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 11
  • GOPR0124small.jpg
    GOPR0124small.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.