Won"t hold chlorine?????

I would suggest 80ppm as a maximum. It is possible even higher, but it will take a lot of bleach and reagent to test that high.

You need a good kit to know where the CYA truly is to know what is possible. It could be 200-300ppm for all we know at this point.

Re: Won"t hold chlorine?????

I would suggest 80ppm as a maximum. It is possible even higher, but it will take a lot of bleach and reagent to test that high.

You need a good kit to know where the CYA truly is to know what is possible. It could be 200-300ppm for all we know at this point.
Thx JB I"ll get back to you when my kit arrives....thank all you guys...really appreciate talking to people i can trust!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thx JB I"ll get back to you when my kit arrives....thank all you guys...really appreciate talking to people i can trust!!
which kit do you reccomend for my prob the 2006 or the 100??

The TF-100 is the better deal fit what you get. Since you need to SLAM, adding the XL option would be good so you do not run out of reagent. With the K2006, you would run out of the FAS-DPD and CYA reagents too quickly.

I know you said a fixed budget, but the SpeedStir makes the testing easier ... Although certainly not required. You might be able to ask for free shipping if you ordered all that. They had a sale that recently ended I think.

The TF-100 is the better deal fit what you get. Since you need to SLAM, adding the XL option would be good so you do not run out of reagent. With the K2006, you would run out of the FAS-DPD and CYA reagents too quickly.

I know you said a fixed budget, but the SpeedStir makes the testing easier ... Although certainly not required. You might be able to ask for free shipping if you ordered all that. They had a sale that recently ended I think.
to get a discount on the tf website it says you need to order the options through the DETAILS.....Where is that?

- - - Updated - - -

to get a discount on the tf website it says you need to order the options through the DETAILS.....Where is that?
so i need the xl for extra cya? cl?

View attachment 41489 Just thought i'd check in put 2 gallons 10% in at dusk last night...Waiting for my T100 to arrive via UPS to enter actual readings....Have a good day!!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 41489 Just thought i'd check in put 2cant gallons 10% in at dusk last night...Waiting for my T100 to arrive via UPS to enter actual readings....Have a good day!!
Can't figure why pics post sideways...Oh well you get the idea...LOL...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your water looks great! You may get lucky and not have to slam and just need to maintain adequate chlorine.
Thx...JB hit it with 2 gal 10% sun night....All i have is OTO right now...Its a little lighter yellow than this morning...So i threw in another quart of 10% tonight...Kit should be here Fri....Looking forward to everyones input...Thx to all for being so helpful....Hope i have to never see a pool store again..:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.