Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
So the electricians finally made it out and installed all our equipment. However I dont see where the power connects to my house. I was under the impression they had to get into my breaker box to run a new power line. They never asked to see the breaker panel?
Its a clean looking install but shouldn't there be power going into the electric box on top? Pool equipment.jpeg

S,

I think your photo of this side is only the low voltage black RS 485 control cable. Power is on the other side and looks to be connected via flexible conduit but I can't tell from your photo. This should be the power that has to connect to your automation filter pump relay. Does it work?

Chris

They may not be finished with the install, it is hard to tell from this pic. Is your main panel outside where they could have accessed it without you showing it to them? You can follow each of the conduits to see where they go to. On our build we have had electricians out to the house 4 times already and are waiting for them to be out one more time for the automation.

From the looks of the pic, one of two things. 1) they did not run the main power yet, maybe that's a different electrician, 2) You have your main or a sub panel on the other side of the wall and they put conduit straight through and into the back of the box. Ask the builder. Look at your feed panel, do you have a new breaker labeled pool?

I would say open the load center and see if it is wired but don't want you electrocuted if you are unsure of what you are doing.

Reactions: Mdragger88
S,

I think your photo of this side is only the low voltage black RS 485 control cable. Power is on the other side and looks to be connected via flexible conduit but I can't tell from your photo. This should be the power that has to connect to your automation filter pump relay. Does it work?

Chris
Hey I didnt shoot a pic of the other side because there is nothing there. The line from the power box goes to the heatpump

Reactions: setsailsoon
They may not be finished with the install, it is hard to tell from this pic. Is your main panel outside where they could have accessed it without you showing it to them? You can follow each of the conduits to see where they go to. On our build we have had electricians out to the house 4 times already and are waiting for them to be out one more time for the automation.
Hey there and the breaker panel is inside the house in my bedroom actually.

From the looks of the pic, one of two things. 1) they did not run the main power yet, maybe that's a different electrician, 2) You have your main or a sub panel on the other side of the wall and they put conduit straight through and into the back of the box. Ask the builder. Look at your feed panel, do you have a new breaker labeled pool?

I would say open the load center and see if it is wired but don't want you electrocuted if you are unsure of what you are doing.
Yes nothing inside the box yet and the pool is still just a shell in the ground no tile, pavers or plaster yet.

Hey there and the breaker panel is inside the house in my bedroom actually.

Typically this would be a sub-panel. My pool is connected to my main panel right next to the power meter. The sub-panel usually runs everything in the house, but the main will have some open slots for pools, solar PV maybe, irrigation sometimes, etc. Could be different, but usually there is something next to the meter.

And, I agree with some of the above, they may not have done the main connection yet and just wanted to get the equipment installed/connected up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow really nice clean installation! That is an electrician (and plumber) that has pride in their work.

If the pool panel doesn't have power yet they probably were planning on coming back to put that in.

Well they did finally come out and run a new 100 amp line from the breaker panel to the pool panel. That was a close call because my house was built in the 60's and this panel had almost no room. They had to move a few switches around and double up one to make room for the 100. I will be more than likely upgrading the panel next year.

Attachments

• pool electric.jpg
    pool electric.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 71
  • breaker.jpg
    breaker.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.