Wiring with a Variable Speed pump

2c9e9d6f08da9957042c31251d0b31ec.jpg
93430fb6b6bfd3e01981c4ebeb7adba4.jpg

P,

You can fix this by moving the two wires that are going to the pump through the conduit in the lower left of the timer box...

Move the red wire from 4 to 3. You will now have two red wires on 3.
Move the black wire, going to the pump, from 2 to 1. Make sure the black is the one going to the pump. You will now have two black wires on 1

Leave everything else the way it is. The timer will control the SWCG and the pump will have constant power.

Of course without the tabs that turn the unit on/off it will not do anything.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok the pool guy is coming back and switching these wires for me. But he was telling me it doesn't really matter since it won't release the chlorine if the pump is not on. But the chlorinator would be always on and it would read no flow. To me that's wrong correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lack of flow will turn off the SWG, so that part is correct. But, what if the flow switch goes bad? Is a current thread around here of someone just recently that had one go bad and resulted in showing false flow. You could end up with a home made pipe bomb. The timer gives added protection of it not even TRYING to run when you know the pump would be off.

You may also find you want the pump to run longer and not the SWG, or turn the pump on when company is there but don't want the SWG going. Gives you some flexibility.

I have researched for a while. A cheap and reliable way to control both of them is to buy a pentair suntouch such as:
Pentair SunTouch Pool, Spa And Solar Control NEW!
I bought one at price of $80 or so. But now I cannot find it at that price any more.

Or if you are willing to DIY, you may use this:

[FONT=&quot]Loulensy AC Current Switch Transducer Input 0-200A Switching Max 1A@240V AC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Link:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] http://a.co/aObAi8u

[/FONT]
to control chlorinator.

The pool installer who installed our chlorinator installed it to our main power box that has a timer that we dont use at all. We have a variable speed pump which has its own timer on it. The problem is now I have to leave the chlorinator on all the time and when my pump is not running I get a red light that says "no flow". Was the installer supposed to hook up the power from the chlorinator to our variable speed pump? Is this possible? Because he installed it directly to our main power box thus it needing to be on all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.