Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Got the cell installed and salt in so am down to wiring the controller and have nearly zero understanding of wiring. Here's a photo of the Intermatic switch. The pump is wired to the left switch and the switch on the right isn't used. The wiring photo in the RJ 60 manual shows it wired into the Load1and Load2 (each measures 120 volts) and Ground of the switch, same terminals the pump uses. That would be the third and fifth screws from the right. Does that mean it's operating at 240 volts and I leave that default setting in the controller alone? And does the ground wire connect to the bare ground that's coming in from power on the right side? Thanks.

intermatic.JPG

Turn off the CB to the timer.

Run a liquidtite between the RJ60 into the timer box with 12 gauge THHN/THWN wire.

Confirm the RJ60 is wired for 240V

Connect the power wires to the two red screws.

Connect the green ground wire to the ground bar on the bottom of the box.

intermatic.JPG

Run a liquidtite between the RJ60 into the timer box with 12 gauge THHN/THWN wire.
Don't understand this. There is already a black shielded 3-wire white/black/green cable coming out of the RJ60 to connect to power, but it looks smaller than 12 gauge.
Confirm the RJ60 is wired for 240V.
The RJ60 manual says it's prewired for 240V out of the box. So I leave that jumper alone

I've tried those grounding screws at the bottom of the box and they may all be corroded solid. Is there any other location in this box I could attach the RJ60 ground?

The RJ60 manual says it's prewired for 240V out of the box. So I leave that jumper alone

It always pays to double check what you get.

I've tried those grounding screws at the bottom of the box and they may all be corroded solid. Is there any other location in this box I could attach the RJ60 ground?

You need to find a place to attach the ground to an unpainted metal screw into the box near the ground bar.

I would put some Kroil penetrating oil on the screws to loosen them.

Are you saying to replace the wire coming out of the RJ60 for connecting to power, or just put it in a liquidtite sheath to connect to the timer box?

Are you saying to replace the wire coming out of the RJ60 for connecting to power, or just put it in a liquidtite sheath to connect to the timer box?
Use the wire installed on the RJ60.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.