Annapolis MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
There’s a disparity in the wiring instructions for the high amperage relay on the relay board for the IntelliFlo 3 pump.

In the instructions that came with the pump say to make the connections, in order from left to right Supply/Device/Supply/Device.

The instructions that come with the relay board say Supply/Device/Device/Supply.

Anybody know which is correct? Electrically, I think it shouldn’t matter, but I’m not keen to fry a $150 part E3AF9895-B19A-4D8F-9A17-4AC7CB6234C6.jpeg

Attachments

• 70020D4E-7BBD-46CF-8BC9-829551AF6F35.jpeg
    70020D4E-7BBD-46CF-8BC9-829551AF6F35.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 22
It does not matter.

Typical manual quality control issues.

Pool automation has been calling it LINE, LOAD, LINE, LOAD.

Now Pentair probably had two different contractors writing manuals and they call it SUPPLY, DEVICE and don't do it consistently.

You can notify Pentair Support.

It does not matter.

Typical manual quality control issues.

Pool automation has been calling it LINE, LOAD, LINE, LOAD.

Now Pentair probably had two different contractors writing manuals and they call it SUPPLY, DEVICE and don't do it consistently.

You can notify Pentair Support.
I’ve always heard it called line and load as well, but translating to supply/device is simple enough.

I wrote to Pentair, but I find expect to hear back from them too soon.

Do I correctly understand you’re saying it doesn’t matter that they’ve flipped supply and device on the second set of lugs?

Do I correctly understand you’re saying it doesn’t matter that they’ve flipped supply and device on the second set of lugs?

That is correct.

I would keep the wiring consistent and do it SUPPLY and DEVICE.

The relay is just a switch with no polarity. All it does is connect two wires together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.