Wiring question Jandy valve actuators

WilliamP

Nov 17, 2020
Los Angeles
Before replacing my pool heater 10 years ago, I had an active ‘EZ Switch that had 3 options - ‘Spa’ -‘Off’ - ‘Pool’.
Pushing ‘Spa’ activated the 2 Actuators, turning each 180 degrees which isolated the jacuzzi from the pool, and turned on the heater.
When l replaced the heater, that bit of automation went away, forcing me to manually turn on the heater, as well manually rotate the valves. Various wires remain unconnected to this day
So now I want to begin making things automated again - not only what I had, but to add new remote capabilities.
Here’s what I have:
- A 240 VAC Power source
- an On/Off toggle switch with 4 terminals to which are attached wires (2-black, 1-purple, 1-blue)
- EZ Switch (Pool-Off-Spa) with 3 wires (1 Red, 1 White, 1 Green)
- Transformer-converting 240 VAC Input (wires 1Black, 1 Orange) to 24 VAC (wires 2 Yellow)
- (2) Jandy Actuators each with a 3 wire set ( Red White Green) 24volt at 75 amp

I believe the toggle switch completes the circuit providing 240VAC to the transformer and appl353033F9-FB6B-4D88-9B8E-FCA14E8B8277.jpeg353033F9-FB6B-4D88-9B8E-FCA14E8B8277.jpeg

Attachments

• 4734CF66-4602-4A45-AF2A-32D84B9E0D1B.jpeg
    4734CF66-4602-4A45-AF2A-32D84B9E0D1B.jpeg
    744.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Bill.

I assume you have the transformer wired correctly, but there is no way for me to tell without seeing the transformer..

See the pic below for how the switch and actuator should be wired. My actuators have white, green Red and black wires.. Oops..

img080-1.jpg

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Bill.

I assume you have the transformer wired correctly, but there is no way for me to tell without seeing the transformer..

See the pic below for how the switch and actuator should be wired. My actuators have white, green and black wires..

View attachment 169100
Bill.

See the pic below for how the switch and actuator should be wired. My actuators have white, green and black wires..

View attachment 169100

Thanks,

Jim R.
Bill.

View attachment 169100I’m LLP n

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, Jim.
You mentioned above that the wiring for your Actuator is White, Green, and Black ... but your picture shows

Bill,

Looks good to me.. :thumleft:

I suspect you already know this, but the actuator has a little switch that you can move to change the position.. the switch is On -Off - On.. The actuator will not move when the switch is off.. It will normally move 180 degrees, when the switch is moved from one on position to the other on position..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.