Wiring Intelliflo and Aqualink

Dennyhle

May 11, 2021
California
I have an Intelliflo VSF pump and an Aqualink RS4 automation system. My Aqualink is very old and I am planning to upgrade it to iAqualink but before I do that I opened up my power center to look at how it was previously wired. I discovered that I have an IntelliCom II hooked up. Is this necessary when connecting the IntelliFlo VSF pump to the newer iAquialink? When I YouTubed how to connect the pump to Aqualink all they said was to wire the green/yellow wire from the communication cable to the RS485 connector, no mention of the IntelliCom II. Will iAqualink be able to control the pump speed if I do it this way?

The way it is wired now, the Intellicom II 'Program 4' is connected to a 'Intake' valve actuator on my Aqualink. 'Program 3' and 'Program 2' is hooked up to 'solar' and 'electrical heater' for some reason but I don't have that equipment at all. 'Program 1' is spliced into the connector for 'Filter Pump.' The way it behaves now is that when I push the 'Filter Pump' button on my AllControl it will run 'Program 1' When I turn on the spa mode, it will run 'Program 4.' How do I migrate all of this over to the newer iAqualink? I understand that if I just reconnect everything as is it will work the same but with my current setup, I am not able to run a filter pump schedule with variable speeds. The other thing I can think of is that I can connect 'Program 2' and 'Program 3' on the IntelliCom to auxiliary connections on the new iAqualink which has 8 aux and schedule my pump that way? Is that the proper way to do it? I couldn't on my RS4 because I did not have enough auxiliaries. Or can the newer iAqualink do all this without the IntelliCom II.

With a current Aqualink system you should be able to do as you say. The intelliflow VSP pump will directly connect to one of the two Aqualink RS-485 connections.

Your actuators (intake, return, solar, cleaner, etc) can plug into the associated plugs on the Aqualink main board, and you should be able to do away with the IntelliCom interface board.

Let‘s see what others say about this?

The upgrade Kit that you want is the iQ30-RS kit that includes a RS8-PS main board and the iAquaLink 3.0 antenna unit. It runs in the area of $1000 online.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennyhle
Instructions to install the Intelliflo to the Aqualink should come with the upgrade kit. If not there's always You Tube.
You will be getting a "blank" board, no programming. It is all on the chip that will be be removed. Will all need to be re-done.
Properly installed, an intellicomm2 will vary the speeds, as you will have the additional relay outputs on the new board to do it, but why go to the trouble.

Reactions: Dennyhle
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.