Wiring a Suraielec Wifi Timer Question

FlaRush

In The Industry
Jun 21, 2022
Montgomery Alabama
Hello

I have a Hayward pool pump, polaris booster pump, Chlorinator and led pool light connected to my Suraielec Outdoor Indoor Smart Switch WiFi Pool Timer Box timer. I have a new booster pump with a ON/OFF switch in between the Timer and Booster pump and my question is do I follow schematic diagram 4, just want to check before I turn the breaker on. I have some pics of my OLD Wiring befor the new WIFI TIMER.

Thank you for whatever help you can give.

Casey

1658520706618.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

I have a Hayward pool pump, polaris booster pump, Chlorinator and led pool light connected to my Suraielec Outdoor Indoor Smart Switch WiFi Pool Timer Box timer. I have a new booster pump with a ON/OFF switch in between the Timer and Booster pump and my question is do I follow schematic diagram 4, just want to check before I turn the breaker on. I have some pics of my OLD Wiring befor the new WIFI TIMER.

Thank you for whatever help you can give.

Casey

View attachment 439072
Two pumps = two loads.
You don't want your filter and booster pumps to turn on simultaneously. It will damage the booster eventually. They should be on separate timers.

Reactions: guinness
Two pumps = two loads.
You don't want your filter and booster pumps to turn on simultaneously. It will damage the booster eventually. They should be on separate timers.
Hello 1poolman1,
Do I have to buy another timer pool timer box or can I use the same Suraielec Outdoor Indoor Smart Switch WiFi Pool Timer Box or can I use my Old Intermatic TMHDT101 T101 24 Hour Dial Timer.

Thank you,
Casey

Attachments

• 61XBgm6RbsL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    61XBgm6RbsL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220802_122645.jpg
    20220802_122645.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 25
A T101 is a 120v timer. The pump would have to be wired for that and a large enough breaker in the circuit. Hopefully that picture of the Intermatic is not the box you are using outdoors, it is an indoor-only box. An Intermatic timer mechanism will snap into any Intermatic enclosure.

A T101 is a 120v timer. The pump would have to be wired for that and a large enough breaker in the circuit. Hopefully that picture of the Intermatic is not the box you are using outdoors, it is an indoor-only box. An Intermatic timer mechanism will snap into any Intermatic enclosure.
Hello 1poolman1, this is the setup that I had when I purchased the home with thwe pool. My intent is to upgrade to a digitial and wifi app controlled timer so I bought the Suraielec Outdoor Indoor Smart Switch WiFi Pool Timer and connected it as Diagram 4 on the instructions showed me. However, it worked for two weeks and then the Polaris Booster pump went out, so I changed the capacitor and it still would not work, so I took the pump to a electric motor company and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, That is when I decided to seek some professional help. The polaris booster pump and pool pump are both on on breaker, except there is a switch to turn the polaris booster pump on and off. Do i still need two separatew breakers and timers to operate properly.

Hello 1poolman1, this is the setup that I had when I purchased the home with thwe pool. My intent is to upgrade to a digitial and wifi app controlled timer so I bought the Suraielec Outdoor Indoor Smart Switch WiFi Pool Timer and connected it as Diagram 4 on the instructions showed me. However, it worked for two weeks and then the Polaris Booster pump went out, so I changed the capacitor and it still would not work, so I took the pump to a electric motor company and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, That is when I decided to seek some professional help. The polaris booster pump and pool pump are both on on breaker, except there is a switch to turn the polaris booster pump on and off. Do i still need two separatew breakers and timers to operate properly.
If you are running everything on 120v you will need separate breakers for each pump. If you are using 240v a single 20a breaker is usually sufficient.
The first thing to check when a pump stops is the power at the pump. If it is not there you have to go back to each connection in order from the pump to find where the power stops.

If you are running everything on 120v you will need separate breakers for each pump. If you are using 240v a single 20a breaker is usually sufficient.
The first thing to check when a pump stops is the power at the pump. If it is not there you have to go back to each connection in order from the pump to find where the power stops.

Here's a picture of my breaker box the bottom breaker is for the lights in the pool. So the picture of the Suraielec Wifi timer I attached in the first email thread is not a good connection for the polaris pool pump and pool pump, using the jumper from L to Com1 and N to Com2.

Attachments

• 20220620_184930 (2).jpg
    20220620_184930 (2).jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220802_122645 (2).jpg
    20220802_122645 (2).jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 17
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.