winterizing venturi air pipes for spill over spa

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto Canada
I have two pipes open to the air on my pad that are for adding air to the spillover spa jets
My air is fairly weak
There is no blower motor
I have a dedicated spa pump for the 8 jets
I blew out the jet lines with good success but I wonder what to do with the air pipes
When I blow out the spa jets I hear lots of gurgling in the air pipes and when I vacuum the air lines there is water in them
Just a little I think
I guess my one way valve is broken ?
Any suggestions about what to do next

fs

I think you are fine. Water in the air pipes should naturally drain out. A little bit of water has room to expand if it freezes. A pipe full of water can be a problem.

So how much water is that " lots of gurgling " made up from ? Does it fall back and collect in a low spot ? Thing is you do not know just how much water is in there. Any amount will freeze, IF it is a pipe full at any point ( low spot ) it will break the pipe as it freezes. Not sure of your set up but you need to be sure there is enough water removed, and stays removed to not collect and bust your lines IF there is a low for it to collect. Maybe add antifreeze.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.