wireform

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Not pool in signature
Plaster pool and spa combo got winterized today but something about the spa is bugging me. The spa has two sets of 2 drains in the floor. Two are for the circulation of the six wall jets on a separate pump with a air blower and then there are two drains for when in spa mode which goes through the filter heater and back to the spa with its own return to feed the spa MD. Now the question: So basically all 4 drains got blown out and some antifreeze with each set of two being on the same pipe beneath the floor. Now that the spa is completely empty and plugged, DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE WATER IN THE DRAIN PIT FOR FREEZING and for the near futureprecip ?, and how would I go about protecting it should that be a concern. Thanks in advance, Allan.

You should refill the spa at least halfway.

The water in the bottom of the spa will not freeze unless it is a thin layer.

Great, so then I'll just pump from the pool back to the spa and call it a done as it's a real small spa the pool wouldn't know the difference. Thank you.
Yup, that is all you do after winterizing the spa drains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.