Winterizing Paramount 6-Port

jrsstamtov

Sep 30, 2020
Foxboro, MA
Hi, new to this forum. Looks great! Is there a clear, easy-to-follow procedure for winterizing this unit. The instructions on the Paramount web site are vague and not very clear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. FYI, my pool is about 30,000 gal., gunite, with a DE 60sf pentair filter, pentair heater, 2 bottom drains, 2 skimmers, and several side returns, and about 1/2 dozen returns on the bottom of the pool which I believe are from the paramount unit.

Thanks in advance for the help/guidance!

I used to have a system like that. First thing is to remove the head unit. Do that by loosening the clamp and remove the cap. Then lift out the diverter. This should expose the pipes that go to the various jets. Install a rubber plug with air valve that is the correct size in the pipe and tighten the wing nut. If you don't have these most pool stores do. Then take an air compressor with a tire chuck and add low pressure (5lbs.psi) to the plugs. This will blow out the line and create an air lock on each floor jet. Continue to do that to each pipe. The center one should be the incoming supply. I usually just filled it with anti freeze. On the upper jets you need to take out the eyeball jets and blow them out the same way. When the water is out of the line and air is flowing screw plastic plugs in where the eyeballs were. Just take your time and use low pressure on each tube and you will see what's happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.