Winterizing Kit?

lmisko

Jul 22, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
So my PB is coming out to close us up for our free closing and they say to add my winterizing kit one day before they come to close. I assume this is the bio guard kit since that is all they push in the store. It’s arctic blue (read copper?) algaecide and what looks like trichlor. I assume just raising up to slam levels will be satisfactory correct? I am in MN so the water will be cold when I add the chlorine and it was under 60 when I opened it this year. I assume I should be good to go? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks for a great first season!

From this article -- Pool School - Closing an In Ground Pool

Balance - I bring PH to between 7.4 and 7.6 and make sure TA and CH are not too far out of line. This is generally easy as everything pretty much remains balanced all the time.

SLAM - Two or three days before closing, I bring the pool up to shock level and hold it there until FC holds overnight (which it generally does right off on the first night). Then I let the chlorine level fall about half way back to normal levels, typically another day and a half.

Please do not use the algaecide they are pushing.

Take care.

Reactions: kbf8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.